The Campus Ministry Graduate Internship Program seeks mature Catholic men and women who are committed to offering assigned ministry in a First Year Residence Hall setting.
Each academic year (late spring semester), the Center for Pastoral Ministry Education and Internship awards four Graduate Internships in Campus Ministry and selects candidates from among applicant’s accepted into a Graduate Degree Program at Villanova.
The Internship spans two years of academic and ministerial work (including at least one summer of academic work) and offers many opportunities for development personally, spiritually, academically, and professionally.
Eligible candidates must:
- have an undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- have completed a minimum one year of post undergraduate work or service experience; and
- be eligible for admission to the Graduate Degree Program at Villanova.
General Program Requirements
We expect all Interns to:
- live in a first-year residence hall and spend 20 hours a week in ministry work;
- utilize their gifts, talents, education, and expertise in service of Campus Ministry throughout two academic years;
- participate in Campus Ministry staff meetings, Intern group meetings, theological reflections, and other related meetings;
- attend Residence Life area and building meetings when possible and work collaboratively with Residence Life staff; and
- enroll in the combined MA/CERT and Campus Ministry Internship degree program.
Specific Program Requirements
- Regular individual meetings with Coordinator of Campus Ministry Graduate Internship Program; submit weekly work log.
- Serve as advisor for a Fall & Spring break service trip; support your leaders in the weeks up until break, attend group meetings (as many as possible)
- Collaborate with team of Interns in planning the Freshmen Escape retreats
- Create and facilitate a weekly faith sharing Get Real Group (weekly faith sharing) in residence hall
- Invite and encourage students to accompany you to Sunday evening Liturgy; attend all University large Liturgies
- Invite and encourage students to attend University events such as Huger and Homelessness Awareness Week, Special Olympics, and St. Thomas of Villanova Day of Service.