Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
College of Engineering
Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering
Villanova University College of Engineering
Area of Expertise:
- Supercritical Fluids/Nanomaterials
- Surface Science
- Solving chemical engineering problems through numerical methods
Winner of Villanova University's 2008 Innovative Teaching Award, Dr. Weinstein is adept at translating complex concepts in chemical engineering into layman's language in a lively and engaging manner. He can speak about the application to daily life of current research in areas such as developing better cooling systems for electronic devices; developing environmentally-friendly replacement solvents for chemical processing; exploring surfaces of materials for cleaning, adhesion, waterproofing and corrosion prevention; and devising more efficient pharmaceutical delivery devices.
- Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- B.S., University of Virginia
- J.R. Yost, R.D. Weinstein, (2008) "Introduction to Engineering: A Freshman Year Multidisciplinary Engineering Course and Competition," Proceeding of the MidAtlantic Regional Meeting of ASEE.
- A.S. Fleischer, K. Chintakrinda, R.D. Weinstein, C.A. Bessel, "Transient Thermal Management Using Phase Change Materials with Embedded Graphite Nanofibers for Systems with High Power Requirements," (2008) 2008 Itherm Conference, Orlando, Fla., May 28-31, 2008.
- J. Harvest, A.S. Fleischer, R.D. Weinstein, "Modeling of the Thermal Effects of Heat Generating Devices in Close Proximity on Vertically Oriented Printed Circuit Boards for Thermal Management Applications," International Journal of Thermal Sciences, (2007, 46, 253).
- M.A. Papalaskari, K. Hess, D. Kossman, S. Metzger, A. Phares, R. Styer, C. Titone, T. Way, R. Weinstein, F. Wunderlich, "PIVOTS: Service Learning at the Science, Theatre & Magic Boundary," 36th Annual ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, (2006, TH2-18).