Bridget Wadzuk, Ph.D.
Area of Expertise:
- Water Resources Engineering
- Environmental Fluid Mechanics
- Stormwater Wetlands
- Stormwater Control Measures
Dr. Wadzuk is a good interview source for stories about water resources, environmental problems caused by stormwater runoff, and the research that is being done to better design and construct systems that will prevent, alleviate and resolve the conditions that engender water pollution, flooding, erosion and other challenges. As advisor to the Villanova Chapter of Engineers Without Borders, Dr. Wadzuk oversees students participation in this humanitarian organization which partners with developing communities in the implementation of sustainable engineering projects, involving and training internationally responsible engineers and engineering students.
- Ph.D., The University of Texas at Austin
- M.S., The University of Texas at Austin
- B.S., Villanova University
- Wadzuk, B.M., Schneider, D., Feller, M., Traver, R. 2013, “Evapotranspiration from a Green Roof Stormwater Control Measure.” Journal of Irrigation and Drainage.
- Gilbert Jenkins, J.K., B.M. Wadzuk, and A.L. Welker 2010, “Fines Accumulation and Distribution in a Stormwater Rain Garden Nine Years Post Construction,” Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, 136:862-869.
- Wadzuk, B.M., M. Rea, G. Woodruff, K. Flynn, and R.G. Traver 2010, “Seasonal Water Quality Performance of a Constructed Stormwater Wetland,” Journal of the American Water Resources Association, 46(2):385-394.
- Emerson, C.H., B.M. Wadzuk, and R.G. Traver 2010, “Longevity and Total Suspended Solids Capture Efficiency of an Aged Infiltration Trench,” Hydrologic Processes, 24(8): 1008-1014.
Selected Professional Experience
- Consultant – Passaic Valley Water Commission
- Consultant, Howard J. Woods, Jr. & Associates, L.L.C.
- Advisor, Villanova chapter of Engineers Without Borders humanitarian organization
- Reviewer – Environmental Science and Technology, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, Journal of Irrigation and Drainage
- VUSP PADEP BMP National Montioring Site (2009-2013) - Environmental Protection Agency 319 Program. Co PI: with. R. Traver.
- Prediction of Evapotranspiration from Vegetated Stormwater Control Measures (2012 – 2014) - Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection Growing Greener, $145,000. Lead PI; with A. Welker, R.Traver.
- Implementation and Evaluation of a Stormwater Best Management Practices in Series (2010 – 2012) - Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection Growing Greener, $176,444. Lead PI; with A. Welker, R.Traver.
- "Quantification of Evapotranspiration Benefits from Green Infrastructure Stormwater Best Management Practices," Pennsylvania Growing Greener I.
- "Villanova University Constructed Stormwater Wetland Reconstruction (2008-2010)," Pennsylvania Growing Greener II/EPA 319 Program.
- "Nutrient Loading in a Mature Constructed Stormwater Wetland," United States Environmental Protection Agency, 2007-2008.