Robert Beck, Ph.D.
Department of Computing Sciences
Villanova University College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Area of Expertise:
- Social Networking
- Technology Literacy and Trends
- Gender Roles in Science and Technology
- Information Security and Privacy
- Computing Education
Advances in information technology are occurring at breakneck speed and affect every aspect of society. Dr. Beck is the source to talk to about living in a knowledge society, the latest trends in technology, social networking, information security, and privacy. He can also address how the next generation of computing science professionals is being educated and how Villanova is leading the way in promoting a greater presence for women in computing.
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
- B.S., Harvey Mudd College
- Beck, Robert E., Kolman, B., "Elementary Linear Programming with Applications," Second edition, Academic Press, New York, 1995.
- Beck, Robert E., Sloan, E., Metzger, S., "AGSOA -- Agile Governance Methodologies for Military's SOA-based Systems of Systems," in Proc. 2nd Annual IEEE Systems Conference, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, April 7-10, 2008.
- Beck, Robert E., Gehlot, V., Way, T., DePasquale, P. "Model Driven Development of a Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Using Colored Petri Nets," in Proc. QiM/MoDELS '06
- Beck, Robert E., Cassel, Lillian and Hardt, Daniel, "Computing and the Understanding of Text," Proc. Sixth World Conference on Computers in Education, Birmingham, July 1995.
Selected Professional Experience
- Associate Professor and Director, Computer Science Program, Villanova University
- Visiting Professor Drexel University
- Fulbright Exchange Lecturer, Coventry University, England
- National Science Foundation S-STEMS Grant, 2009.
- National Science Foundation CPATH Grant, 2007.
- U.S. Air Force Contract: Applied Research In Computing Enterprise Services, 2006.
- National Science Foundation CSEMS Grant, 2004.