Lecturer of Communication
Department of Communication
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Area of Expertise:
- International Cinema
- Media and Politics in the Arab World
- Film Studies
- Media Production
- Black and White Photography
- Film and Media Analysis
Nasser Chour can provide valuable insight into Middle Eastern mass media having studied, specialized in and worked as a member of the media in that region. He is also a good source for discussions about how Muslims and Islam are portrayed in film and the media. As associate director of Villanova University's Center for Arab and Islamic Studies, Chour is very active in promoting the cultures of the Middle East.
- PH.D., Candidate University of Pennsylvania
- M.A., American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- B.A., San Jose State University
- Wang, Q., & Feeny, K., "Comparing the perceptions of success, attributions, and motivations between the Chinese and the U.S. Cultures," China Media Research, Vol. 3, 2009
- Wang, Q., Fink, E.L., and Cai, D.A., "Loneliness, gender, and parasocial interaction: A uses and gratifications approach," Communication Quarterly, 56, 87-109, 2008.
- Cai, D.A., Fink, E.L., and Wang, Q., "Methods for conflict communication research, with special reference to culture," In J.G. Oetzel and S. Ting-Toomey (Eds.), Handbook of Intercultural Conflict Research (pp. 33-64). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 2006
- Ni, L., and Wang, Q., "Anxiety and uncertainty management in an intercultural setting: The impact on organization-public relationships," Communication Research, June 2009.
Selected Professional Experience
- Faculty, Lebanese American University, Lebanon
- Editor, Arab Political Documents On-line Publication, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Reporter, National Public Radio
- Program Director, Arab Radio and Television, Lebanon and Egypt
- Cameraman/Producer/Director, KNTV, 11 ABC Affiliate, California