Students with ADD/ADHD who are requesting academic accommodations from Villanova University’s Learning Support Services Office should submit documentation to verify eligibility under the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. The following guidelines are provided to ensure that the documentation is complete and appropriate.
1. The documentation should include a diagnosis of ADD/ADHD and the rationale for the diagnosis.
2. The diagnosis should be a medical diagnosis.
3. The evaluation should be current and relevant to the setting.
4. The documentation should include the following information:
- the name(s) of the assessment instrument(s) used (typically aptitude, achievement, information processing and behavioral checklists, e.g. Connors)
- quantitative and qualitative information that supports the diagnosis
- the severity of the condition
- the areas of educational impact
- recommendations for prescriptive treatments, environmental management and reasonable accommodations
- additional observations or recommendations that would assist in meeting the individual needs of the student
- the names, titles, addresses, telephone and fax numbers of the evaluators as well as the date(s) of testing