Use of University Property

The University's main switchboard number is (610) 519-4500.  However, every telephone extension can be dialed directly from the outside by using the extension number with the (610) area code and the prefix "519".  When calling from one employee telephone to another within the system, simply use 9 and the four-digit extension number. To call a student on campus, the prefix to use is a 1 followed by the four-digit extension. To reach an outside line from within the University, dial 8 first and then the number.
All calls, local and long distance, made from your extension are charged to your department's budget. For your convenience in making personal calls, pay phones are located throughout the campus. Use of University phones, including University owned cell phones, for a personal reason is discouraged, except in case of emergencies. Employees making frequent and/or lengthy personal calls may be charged for the cost of such calls and may also be subject to disciplinary action. Additionally, cell phones, whether personally owned or University owned, should not be used while driving on campus.  The University also strongly discourages the use of cell phones while driving off campus, particularly for University business.  
For more information, or for instructional materials regarding the University’s telephone or Voice Mail system, you may call Telecommunications at extension 9-4490.

In the course of your work, you may have occasion to use copying machines.  Please be aware that the copyright laws of the United States impose certain limitations on reproducing copyrighted material.  You may obtain additional guidance on this important matter from the Graphic Services department at extension 9-4470.
The use of University copy machines or fax machines for personal reasons is only permitted with permission from your supervisor.


Your work may involve the use of computers and related software.  You may not use University computers, printers, or computer supplies for personal use unless you obtain permission from your supervisor.  The policies of the Office of Information Technologies (UNIT) are available in full here

The full text of the following University policies may be viewed by following the links below, or are available from UNIT by calling extension 9-4400. Violations of these policies may result in restriction of access to the University's computer system and/or disciplinary action:  

Quick Links

Quick Links


Enrollment Portals:

  • Benefits Portal - enroll in health & welfare and voluntary benefits, make changes due to life events, view your NOVArewards! total compensation statement.
  •  Wellness Portal - provides access to the NOVAFit! wellness program.
  • TIAA CREF/Villanova Microsite - enroll and make changes to investments and salary deferrals in your 403(b) Retirement Plan

Who do I call in Human Resources? Check out the Human Resources Services Directory to find out who can best answer your questions.

2015 Summer Hours

2015 Holiday Schedule

myNOVA: Update your address or phone number, view and print your pay stub, or check on your available vacation time and more on the Work@VU tab on myNova. Use your LDAP/email user name and password to login.

Employment: View our job postings and apply for positions at our online hiring site. Villanova managers should log into our internal hiring site to create and approve electronic requisitions, and view applications.

Federal and State Required Notices

Hotline: If you have a complaint or concern you would like to report anonymously, please contact the Ethics Point Hotline which is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.  The hotline, provided through a third party, allows you to report any instance of misconduct in the workplace or classroom setting due to mismanagement of funds, fraud or other violation of law or University policy.