Regular performance appraisals are important in setting expectations, developing future plans, and assessing skills. As such, an annual performance appraisal is required for every Villanova University staff member.
2013 Performance Appraisal Process
We know that doing performance appraisals can be time-consuming and that long forms can be cumbersome, so for 2013 there are alternate forms available for your use.
- If the Performance Appraisal and Development Plan form that the University has used over the past few years meets your needs and you are comfortable with it, you may use that same form again. But, if that form doesn’t meet your needs, you can choose an alternate form.
- For our non-exempt employees, you can use either the Performance Appraisal and Development Plan form or a simplified one: Performance Appraisal Non-Exempt Positions. Non-exempt positions are those that are not management, and have defined duties. If you need guidance regarding use of the form, please contact us.
- For exempt positions (managers and other jobs that use more discretion and decision-making), you may use either the Performance Appraisal and Development Plan form or a narrative format.
All employees hired before January 1, 2013 should be included in this process. Employees hired after January 1, 2013 should receive a written summary of their progress to date along with any identified training needs and goals for next year. You may use any of the forms (the Performance Appraisal and Development Plan, or the Performance Appraisal for Non-Exempt Positions or a narrative description) for any new employee, regardless of whether they are management or not. You do not need to attach the employee’s self-appraisal to the final form. Completed, signed original reviews are due to Human Resources no later than Friday April 5 , 2013.
Please contact Bev Das (9-4771) if you have any difficulty accessing the forms below.
If you have questions or need any help as you complete your employee’s appraisal, contact Albert Baladez (9-4238) or Ellen Krutz (9-4237). If any of your employees will receive an overall rating of UNSUCCESSFUL or NEEDS IMPROVEMENT consult with either Albert or Ellen before delivering the performance appraisal.
Performance Appraisal Forms
- Performance Appraisal and Development Plan form
- Performance Appraisal for Non-Exempt Positions
- Performance Appraisal Narrative Format
- Self Appraisal Form - typable
- Self Appraisal Form - for those who wish to print the form and complete by hand