The most valued asset of Villanova University is its human capital. Our ability to fulfill the institution’s mission rests solely with our faculty and staff members. By recruiting, hiring, and retaining quality employees, the University can excel as a leader in higher education.
A market competitive compensation program for staff is an integral component in developing an exemplary workforce dedicated to our mission. Accordingly, Villanova University is committed to administering a staff compensation program that enables us to attract and retain highly skilled and talented employees. Our intention is to pay competitive salaries with consideration for internal equity with other Villanova employees, external market conditions, and the skills, knowledge, expertise, and performance of the individual.
To accomplish these objectives, The Office of Human Resources will:
- Maintain the compensation program and ensure University-wide equity as defined in this strategy.
- Provide strategic and operational advice to leadership on pay issues and market trends.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to establish and maintain appropriate salaries.
- Regularly collect market data from the appropriate sources, assess pay competitiveness, and recommend adjustments to the salary structure as well as individual salaries.
- Regularly monitor the effectiveness of the compensation program and practices, its continued competitiveness, and on-going internal equity.
- Communicate the pay program and ensure understanding within the university community.