Support to Help Cope with a Tragedy
A shooting occurred Friday, December 14, 2012 at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut that killed or injured more than twenty people, including many children. If you or your family have been affected by news of the shooting or are feeling anxious or upset, you can call the LifeWorks program for free, confidential assistance and support, 24/7. From answering your child’s questions to easing real fears and worries that you or your family may have, the caring, professional consultants at LifeWorks can help. Just call 888-267-8126 to speak with a consultant who can help you:
- Ease your family's anxiety and concerns and let them know that it is normal to feel worried, frightened or upset
- Discuss your own feelings with your family
- Talk to children about violence and safety issues
You can also go to www.lifeworks.com anytime to e-mail a consultant, find online resources, or read or download life articles that can help, including
- Reacting to School Violence: What Parents Can Do
- Coping with Fears Following a Traumatic Event
- Coping with Grief and Loss After a Traumatic Event
- Helping Your Teenager Cope After a Traumatic Event
- When You or Your Children are Upset by News Reports
- How to Use the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Taking Care of Yourself After a Traumatic Event
- Is a Traumatic Event Causing You Stress? self-assessment
No matter what kind of support you need, LifeWorks can help. Call 888-267-8126 anytime to speak with a caring, professional consultant or visit www.lifeworks.com (user id: villanova; password: 1009) to explore our online resources. Para información sobre este programa en español, visite en-línea en www.lifeworks.com (id de usuario: villanova, clave: 1009) o llame al 888-732-9020.
Villanova University provides you and your immediate family with access to LifeWorks, a free employee resource program to help make your life a little easier.
LifeWorks is fast, confidential, and easy to use. It’s available at no cost to you. And best of all, it’s there for you any time of the day or night, wherever you are. The program can give you information, advice, and support on a wide range of work-life and employee assistance issues, including:
- Parenting and child care
- Older adults
- Midlife and retirement
- Everyday issues
- Managing people
- Health and wellness
- Emotional well-being
- Addiction and recovery
What LifeWorks Offers You
- Phone and online access to experienced, professional consultants-- real people you can talk with when you need an answer to a question
- Face-to-face sessions with consultants on specific issues
- An award-winning Web site with online articles, workshops, locators, and much more
- Free booklets, audio recordings, and other materials to help you get the answers you need in the format you want
- Referrals to resources, services, and support in your community
- Discount services available on Lifeworks Online. Click here to view a list of discount services.
Consultants who speak Spanish, simultaneous translation into more than 140 other languages 888-732-9020, and TTY/TDD 800-346-9188 are also available.