The goal of the Procurement Office is to simplify the process to purchase furniture throughout the University.
The Procurement Office and Facilities Management Office have done extensive research on commercial furniture and has competitively bid contracts with vendors to maintain high discounts, quality and to help streamline and simplify the ordering process.
To help in furniture selection, FMO and Procurement has compiled a selection of office layout guidelines based on space available for each level. Typically, space for the following positions allow for the following furniture:
Level 1 – Typically used for Vice Presidents, Deans, and Associate Deans
Level 2 – Typically used for Department Chairs and senior management
Level 3 – Typically used for Faculty and management positions
Level 4 & 5 – Typically used for Administrative Support and other staff positions
TransAmerican Office Furniture: TransAmerican is a preferred furniture vendor for the university that has been in business since 1976. They are based in Manayunk and have one of the largest showrooms in the Delaware Valley. TransAmerican is an exclusive dealer for Haworth Furniture but also holds contracts and supplies special Villanova discounts for Global chairs, Paoli and Sit-On-It Furniture. They can also supply many other manufacturers at competitive pricing. TransAmerican can also supply used, reconditioned and rental furniture and for an addition charge, they will perform installation or reconfiguration services, provide space design, furniture cleaning and refinishing and warehouse storage.
Corporate Interiors: Corporate Interiors is a preferred furniture vendor for the university that has been in business since 1986. They are based in Conshohocken and are an exclusive dealer for Steelcase Furniture but also hold contracts and supplies special Villanova discounts for Global, OFS Brands, Indiana, Jofco, Allseating and Via Furniture. They can also supply many other manufacturers at competitive pricing. Corporate Interiors can also has used, reconditioned and rental furniture and for an addition charge, they will perform installation or reconfiguration services, provide space design, furniture cleaning and refinishing and warehouse storage.
At times it is necessary to use a non-preferred vendor for furniture purchases. These situations can include but are not exclusive to matching of pre-existing furniture, prior vendor arrangements and warranty or repair issues. All exceptions will be on a case to case basis. Please contact Procurement for appropriate vendor. Final approval for purchase must be obtained through the appropriate Dean or Vice President and the area budget manager.
- Please see Furniture Purchasing Procedures for additional information
- All orders will require a quote from your chosen vendor indicating colors and fabric selections
- All orders must be processed through the Mercury requisition system
- Use of Procurement Card is prohibited except for special circumstance and pre-approval from the Procurement Office
- Final Approval on orders (including non-preferred vendors) will be made through the appropriate Dean or Vice-President and area budget manager
- Departments must allow enough time for delivery of furniture. Delivery could take up to 6-8 week from the vendor’s receipt of the Purchase Order from Procurement. At times, Quick Ship may be available. For these types of orders contact Procurement. Even with Quick Ship, delivery will not be guaranteed by a certain date and could incur additional charges. Please note that office furniture is made to order and is NOT returnable. Furniture cancelled after vendor receipt of the PO could contain a cancellation fee.
- Returns – in most cases vendors will not take returns or will charge a restocking fee. Be sure to review orders in detail prior to submitting your requisition. Please contact the Procurement Office with any questions at 96422.
Pat Higgins at ext. 96422
Fax: ext. 97716
Facilities Management Department:
Florence Reif at ext. 95863
TransAmerican Office Account Representative:
Corporate Interiors Account Representative:
We encourage everyone to send feedback about the performance of this vendor in order for the Procurement Department to effectively evaluate their performance.