Transcripts (paper or electronic) = $3.00 each
+Ordering and processing fee = $3.00 per transcript address (non-refundable)
- One transcript to one recipient address = $6.00.
- Two transcripts to one recipient address = $9.00 (one time order fee + $3.00 per transcript).
- One transcript to two separate recipients = $12.00 ($3.00 per transcript and $3.00 per transcript address).
Express Domestic Delivery = $30.00 additional delivery fee per address
(maximum 5 transcripts per address)
Express International Delivery = $60.00 additional delivery fee per address
(maximum 5 transcripts per address)
- 24/7 access to ordering site. Current and former students may submit a request from any computer connected to the internet anywhere in the world, regardless of dates of attendance. Requests are authenticated through the student portal or through a brief one-time account set up with scanned signature authentication. There is no longer a need to send in a written request for transcript.
- Improved tracking service. Order updates are emailed to students. Order status and order history can be checked on-line at anytime.
- Electronic Delivery options. Current and former students, with first attendance since September 1984, have the option to select electronic delivery of transcripts by providing a valid recipient email address or selecting from a database of network recipients. Electronic delivery is recommended. This enables Villanova to electronically deliver transcripts in a safe, secure and efficient manner to students and student designated recipients such as Universities and Colleges, employers, etc., in accordance with the requirements of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended (FERPA). Students selecting electronic delivery will receive an email notification indicating the delivery of the student’s official academic transcript to the student designated recipient. Once the student designated recipient receives the official academic transcript, the student will receive a second email notification regarding the delivery of the transcript.
- To cover the increasing cost of postage and supplies for paper transcripts.
Electronic The Office of the Registrar offers official electronic transcripts (e-transcripts) to students with initial attendance since September 1984. The content of the official transcript is converted into a PDF document and delivered to the recipient by our contracted provider, eScrip-Safe. Please see question 5 regarding Electronic Delivery and Verification for further information.
Mail your transcript Transcripts are normally mailed directly to the person, school, or company you indicated. Please fill in the appropriate mailing address. Remember to include the specific recipient and department when sending transcripts to a large institution, such as another University.
Transcripts ordered for delivery to a Villanova campus address will be delivered via Villanova campus mail. Please indicate the name of the recipient and department or office when addressing to a Villanova campus address.
Express Domestic or International UPS Delivery The charge for using express UPS Delivery of a paper transcript is $30 Domestic and $60 International Delivery per address. Requests must be received by 2:00 PM on business days in order to be processed for express delivery. A confirmation will be sent when your request has been processed. A maximum of 5 transcripts per address can be ordered per request. P.O. Box addresses will NOT be accepted by UPS.
Pick up your transcript Transcripts may be picked up by the student/former student in the Office of the Registrar one to two business days after receipt of the request. A photo I.D. is required.
When ordering a transcript for pick up, select the option for a paper transcript. Enter your permanent address when prompted for a mailing address. On the next page of the ordering screen, you will be given the option to select the transcript for pick up and select the number of copies you wish to pick up. No transcript will be mailed to you by entering your mailing address, unless you select the option to have your transcript mailed instead of pick up. Transcripts cannot be picked up by anyone other than the student.
Faxing or emailing your transcript Villanova University will not, under any circumstances, send transcripts via fax or email. Please select electronic delivery if you wish to have an official transcript sent electronically and you have attended Villanova since September 1984. See the FAQ on electronic transcripts for more information.
All transcripts released by Villanova, both paper and electronic, are official and may be verified by the Office of the Registrar. No unofficial transcripts will be issued. When ordering an electronic transcript, the student should make certain that the recipient is willing to receive an official e-transcript. Students who have attended Villanova since 1998 may view their unofficial academic transcript online via their myNOVA or NOVASIS accounts.
The University now offers official electronic transcripts (e-transcripts). The content of the official transcript is converted into a PDF document and delivered to the recipient by eSCRIP-SAFE®, the authorized delivery agent selected by the University. This is the most secure and the quickest method to deliver an official transcript, but the student should make certain that the recipient is willing to receive an official e-transcript.
Currently, e-transcript requests are processed at least three times each workday, Monday-Friday. Once processed, the e-transcript is immediately sent to the designated recipient. E-transcript requests submitted after 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time are processed the following business day and requests are not processed over the weekend or during University holidays.
When the e-transcript has been released by the Office of the Registrar, the transcript recipient will receive an email containing a secure link to access the official e-transcript. The email will be sent by “eScrip-Safe.” Recipients who seem not to have received the e-transcript should check their spam folder to make sure the email was not intercepted by their spam filter. The recipient will have 14 business days to view the official transcript. If not viewed during that period, another e-transcript must be requested by the student. Once viewed by the recipient, the transcript will remain available for 24 hours before being deleted from the eSCRIP-SAFE® server.
Students provide their email address when ordering official e-transcripts. Then, as an added benefit of the e-transcript service, the students will receive two notification emails: one when the e-transcript has been sent and another when the e-transcript has been opened by the recipient. Both emails will be sent by “eScrip-Safe.” If the first email notification is not received within one business day, make sure the notification was not intercepted by a spam filter.
Although the University provides official electronic transcripts, some recipients may require official paper transcripts. Confirm that the recipient accepts official electronic transcripts prior to submitting the official electronic transcript request.
Saving Official Electronic Transcripts
The recipient has 14 business days to view the e-transcript, but once viewed, the transcript will remain available for only 24 hours on the SCRIP-SAFE® server. If a saved copy is necessary, a recipient can follow these approved methods to retain a copy.
1. Save the transcript to a document imaging system
2. Save the transcript to a secure storage space
3. Print the transcript and store in secure file space
No matter which storage method is used, the recipient must make sure the document is secure and FERPA guidelines are followed.
Test for Authenticity
Recipients can verify the authenticity of electronic transcript by uploading the PDF document into eScrip-Safe’s transcript validation program, Doc-Safe® https://escrip-safe.com/validate/transcript.
Questions and comments can be e-mailed to the Office of the Registrar or by calling
Paper transcript orders are processed as quickly as possible and normally leave the Office of the Registrar within two business days of receiving the order. At the end of the semester, orders may require more time due to the volume of requests normally received.
All financial, disciplinary and registrar obligations (i.e., Transcript Holds) must be cleared before any transcript request will be honored.
The University issues academic transcripts only for academic work completed at Villanova University. Requests for transcripts of courses taken at other institutions must be directed to those institutions, including international institutions where study-abroad work was completed and credits transferred to Villanova.
Evaluative information such as courses completed, grades earned, etc. cannot be issued to an outside party unless the student/former student has given the Registrar written permission to release this information to that party. The Registrar may, however, disclose "directory information" as allowed under The Family Education Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) without special permission. A list of the directory information can be reviewed at the Disclosure of Student Records web page.