University Alliances manages the billing of charges for both the Master of Science in Human Resource Development program and the Master of Public Administration program.
Villanova University will send the Federal Direct Unsubsidized loan funds, Federal Direct Graduate PLUS loan funds or a private education loan disbursement directly to University Alliance for tuition and/or book charges. If a credit balance remains after the full tuition and book charges are paid for the 8-week session, then a student will receive a refund from the Bursar’s Office at Villanova. In order to expedite the processing of a refund from a credit balance, it is highly recommended that students enroll in direct deposit through the e-refund process. The e-refund enrollment form can be found in your MyNova account, in the Student's Tab under Bursar Links.
If a student still has a remaining balance with University Alliance after the full loan disbursement has been remitted for an 8-week session, then the student will need to seek additional payment arrangements to cover the remaining charges (such as applying for a Direct Graduate PLUS loan, etc.). Students should contact their Student Services Representative at 1-800-280-9718 or via email at email@example.com.
Upon the registration of courses, students will receive an order from University Alliance via email detailing their tuition and/or book charges for that session. Questions about the billing process should be directed to the Student Services Representative at University Alliance at 1-888-622-7344, ext. 4322 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if a student is not utilizing financial aid, all payment arrangements need to be made directly with University Alliance.
A student first enrolls in the MS in Human Resource Development program during the Summer II session. The student submits a 2016-2017 FAFSA and completes Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note for the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan:
- The Office of Financial Assistance will automatically award the maximum Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan for the full academic year, which in this case will be for Summer II through Spring II sessions, up to the cost of attendance.
- Loan disbursements will be scheduled to pay after the drop period for each 8-week session.
- After enrollment and outside sources of aid are confirmed, Villanova University will send loan disbursement funds directly to University Alliance for tuition and/or book charges.
- Any remaining amount from the loan disbursement will be sent directly to the student in the form of a refund check or via direct deposit if the student has provided banking information through the e-refund sign-up in MyNova.
- If a balance still exists for the session after the full loan disbursement has been remitted to University Alliance by Villanova, the student will need to seek additional funding.
*New students in the MS HRD & MPA programs need to complete an Authorization to Release Federal Loan Funds if they wish to use their loan disbursement to pay for book charges through University Alliance. This form can be reviewed and printed here:
Authorization to Release Federal Loan Funds