The purpose of the External Advisory Committee is to provide guidance on the many facets of mechanical engineering, including technology, education and training, employment, and outcomes assessment. In particular, the committee will meet each year in the fall and spring semesters to:
- discuss current directions in ME and ME technology.
- provide suggestions and guidance for new programs and course offerings.
- address new methods for course and program delivery.
- identify sources of potential employment for graduates.
- provide assessment and feedback to the department on the level of quality of the graduates
The members of the External Advisory Committee are engineers from academia as well as industry and government agencies, and they normally serve a three-year term. Longer terms are allowed and are discussed on an individual basis.