The following Scholarship and Grant Opportunities are available. Please take note of their application deadlines. We have sorted the available opportunities by the months that the applications are due so that you can better prepare for and track the deadline dates.
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Graduate Scholarships
- A comprehensive list of engineering scholarships can be found here.
Scholarships Offered by Professional Societies
Professional Societies offer many scholarships with varying requirements. Consult the appropriate website for information, awards and deadlines.
- ACS, American Chemical Society
- AIChE, The American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- ASCE, American Society for Civil Engineers
- ASEE, American Society for Engineering Education administers the SMART Scholarship, a part of the National Defense Education Program
- ASME, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- ECP, Engineers' Club of Philadelphia
- IEEE, originally the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- NSPE, National Society of Professional Engineers
- SWE, Society of Women Engineers
- U.S. Department of Energy: DOE Scholars Program: Programs for undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate: www.orise.orau.gov/doescholars
- U.S. Department of Energy, Mickey Leland Energy Fellowship: www.fossil.energy.gov/education/lelandfellowships
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL): www.orau.org/ornl
American Public Power Association (APPA) awards several types of scholarships each year to university students as part of its Demonstration of Energy & Efficiency Developments (DEEC) Program. Visit www.publicpower.org/DEED