Director: Alfonso Ortega, PhD, Villanova University Associate Vice President for Research and Graduate Programs, and James R. Birle Professor of Energy Technology
Focus: Fluid mechanics, convective heat transfer, and thermodynamics, with applied work in the thermal management of electronic systems, data centers, energy efficient systems, experimental thermal sciences.
- NSF Industry/University Cooperative Research Center on Energy Smart Electronic Systems (ES2).
- Droplet impingement and spray cooling.
- Mini-microchannel heat exchangers and cold plates in single and two-phase flow.
- Flow and convective heat transfer in jets and complex flows.
- Energy technology.
- Wind Tunnels and Jet Facilities
- Electronics Thermal Management Rigs
- Alternative Energy Research Facilities
- Gas Turbine Flow and Thermal Rigs
- Thermal Property Measurements Apparatus