Director: Ahmad Hoorfar, PhD, Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Focus: Research, analysis, modeling, test and development efforts related to antennas, radar and high frequency electromagnetic systems.
- Low-profile, electrically small and reconfigurable antennas.
- Ultra-wideband antennas.
- Metamaterial surfaces and media.
- Through-the-wall microwave imaging.
- Millimeter-wave scale-model measurement.
- Design automation and optimization using evolutionary computational techniques.
- 29’ x 27’ x 28’ anechoic chamber (compact range):
- ORBIT / FR Compact Range Serrated Reflector (AL-22404-AL)
- Agilent E8364C precision network analyzer and data acquisition system, 2-50GHz
- Agilent N5260A millimeter-wave controller with 50-75GHz waveguide heads
- Orbit/FR 959 spectrum antenna measurement
- Orbit/FR AL-360-1P polarization positioner and Orbit/FR 4806 controller 6 axis
- Orbit/FR AL-4273-1 elevation over azimuth positioner
- ORBIT / FR Near Field AL-4951-1-5.5-5.5-V Planar Scanner:
- HP8510C network analyzer and data acquisition system, 0.75-12GHz
- HP 85301C antenna measurement system:
- HP 8530A microwave receiver
- 8511B frequency converter
- HP 83631B source (0.045-50GHz)
- Orbit/FR 959 spectrum antenna measurement workstation
- Orbit/FR planar scanner, 5.5ft X by 5.5ft Y by 10in Z by Roll travel
Computer Facilities and Electromagnetic CAD Tool
- Several high performance multi-core workstations including two 16-core and 32-core servers.
- Computational software packages include commercial electromagnetic simulators and antenna CAD tools, as well as numerical codes developed in-house.