Director: Gang Feng, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Focus: Comprehensive understanding of the mechanical behavior of nanomaterials, biomaterials and biosystems through experimental techniques and theoretical modeling, leading to the rational design of nanomaterials and nanostructures.
- Synthesis and characterization of nanoparticle thin film (NTF).
- Synthesis and characterization of energy storage materials with nanostructures.
- Characterization of individual nanomaterials (nanowires, nanotubes, nanoshells and nanoparticles).
- Nanomechanical characterization and modeling of hard tissues.
- Fundamentals of small scale mechanical characterization.
- Agilent Nano Indenter G200
- Agilent 5500 Atomic Force Microscope
- Hitachi S-4800 Field-Emission Scanning Electron Microscope