- Dr. McCarthy (PI) and Dr. Park (Co-PI) conducted research and co-authored a NCHRP Synthesis Report that has been published and can be accessed here.
- In April, Dr. McCarthy was elected to the Board of Directors of RAIL Solution.
- ASCE's Task Committee on Flood Safety Policies and Practices' Chair and the Director of VCASE and VUSP, Dr. Traver is featured in this article.
- Dr. Robert Traver was interviewed by CBS Philly on the 6-month anniversary of Hurricane Sandy
- Systems Biology Expert Dr. Jacky Huang Named to Policy Committee for International Organization
- Dr. Amy Fleischer Graduates as a Fellow from National Leadership Program
- A brief interview with Dr. Traver on Wall Street Journal Radio “The Daily Wrap" - Six Months After Hurricane Sandy
- Villanova Team Wins Best Poster at Meeting of Industry-University Cooperative Research Center
- In March, Dr. Amy Fleischer was elected Fellow of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME). The Fellow grade of membership is conferred on worthy candidates to recognize their outstanding engineering achievements. Fellows are nominated by their peers and should have at least ten years of active practice and active corporate membership.
- In March, Dr. Amy Fleischer was invited as a keynote speaker at Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division, Ship Systems Engineering, for the Women’s History Month Celebration - “Inspiring Innovation through Imagination. Women’s Careers in Engineering: Past, Present and Future.” Her key message was "that women have come a long way in establishing themselves in the engineering field, but it has taken a lot of creative and innovative thinking about career paths for them to do so. As we move forward, we need to continue to be creative in finding ways to draw more and more talented and dedicated women into the field."
- Dr. Amy Fleischer talks about important aspects of energy storage research developments and career development essentials in this video
- Dr. Leslie McCarthy and Dr. Seri Park co-authored an article titled "Innovative partnerships help inventory traffic signs" that was published in Public Roads' March/April issue.
- On February 5, 2013, Dr. Bridget Wadzuk, Associate Professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering was invited to give a talk as part of the Department of Geography and the Environment’s Spring 2013 “Environmental Issues Seminar Series”. Her talk was titled "The Next Generation of Constructed Stormwater Wetlands.”
- Dr.Robert Traver named AAWRE President
- Dr. Andrea Welker takes on three leadership roles
- Dr. Andrea Welker presents twice at the 2012 Geo-Congress
- Dr. Amy Fleischer named to inaugural class for “ELATE at Drexel” program
- Dr. Amy Fleischer becomes College’s first female full Professor
- Villanova Stormwater faculty author the most downloaded article
- Villanova researchers receive clean water grant from National Science Foundation
- Dr. Alfonso Ortega receives Harvey Rosten award for Excellence 2011
- Dr. Seri Park appointed as University Representative by Transportation Research Board of the National Academies
- Dr. Leslie McCarthy and Dr. Seri Park co-authored an article titled "Can they read your signs" that was published in APWA Reporter.
Dr. Leslie McCarthy was invited to give the following presentations:
- Northeast State Materials Engineers Association Annual Conference, Philadelphia PA, October 24, 2012. Title of presentation:Development of Warm Mix Asphalt Technology Evaluation Program. In addition, two of her grad students (Maria Guercio and Van DeJarnette) also presented at the same conference and the title of their presentation was: NCHRP 9-22B Project Status - Impacts of Specimen and Mixture Type on Dynamic Modulus and Flexible Pavement Predicted Performance
- New Jersey Shortline Railroad Association quarterly meeting, Mt. Laurel, NJ. November 7, 2012. Title of presentation:Update on Railway Engineering Curriculum at Villanova University
- Rhode Island Department of Transportation, Providence, RI. November 15, 2012. Title of presentation: NCHRP Project 9-22B - Impacts of Specimen and Mixture Type on Predicted Pavement Performance of Asphalt Mixtures in Rhode Island