- Villanova’s St. Thomas Day of Service Grows Greener
- VUSP successfully organized and hosted the VUSP Stormwater Symposium during October 17-18.
- Dr. Amy Fleischer and her research team's work was featured in HispanicBusiness.com
- Check out Dr. Amy Fleischer's opinion piece in US News regarding women and girls in science and engineering.
- Dr. Andrea Welker was the keynote speaker at the Montgomery County Planning Commission. Her address was titled "Restoring the Hydrologic Cycle by Controlling the Runoff from Smaller Storms."
- Effective April 1, 2013 Dr. Charles Coe was appointed to the position of Research Associate Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering. Dr. Coe is one of the leading researchers in the BRCT focus area.
- Seri Park, PhD, PTP, Clare Boothe Luce Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, was named to the editorial board of Modern Traffic and Transportation Engineering Research in 2013.
- Dr. Traver was elected as EWRI Fellow in May 2013.
- Dr. McCarthy (PI) and Dr. Park (Co-PI) conducted research and co-authored a NCHRP Synthesis Report that has been published and can be accessed here.
- In April, Dr. McCarthy was elected to the Board of Directors of RAIL Solution.
- ASCE's Task Committee on Flood Safety Policies and Practices' Chair and the Director of VCASE and VUSP, Dr. Traver is featured in this article.
- Dr. Robert Traver was interviewed by CBS Philly on the 6-month anniversary of Hurricane Sandy
- Systems Biology Expert Dr. Jacky Huang Named to Policy Committee for International Organization
- Dr. Amy Fleischer Graduates as a Fellow from National Leadership Program
- A brief interview with Dr. Traver on Wall Street Journal Radio “The Daily Wrap" - Six Months After Hurricane Sandy
- Villanova Team Wins Best Poster at Meeting of Industry-University Cooperative Research Center
- In March, Dr. Amy Fleischer was elected Fellow of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME). The Fellow grade of membership is conferred on worthy candidates to recognize their outstanding engineering achievements. Fellows are nominated by their peers and should have at least ten years of active practice and active corporate membership.
- In March, Dr. Amy Fleischer was invited as a keynote speaker at Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division, Ship Systems Engineering, for the Women’s History Month Celebration - “Inspiring Innovation through Imagination. Women’s Careers in Engineering: Past, Present and Future.” Her key message was "that women have come a long way in establishing themselves in the engineering field, but it has taken a lot of creative and innovative thinking about career paths for them to do so. As we move forward, we need to continue to be creative in finding ways to draw more and more talented and dedicated women into the field."
- Dr. Amy Fleischer talks about important aspects of energy storage research developments and career development essentials in this video
- Dr. Leslie McCarthy and Dr. Seri Park co-authored an article titled "Innovative partnerships help inventory traffic signs" that was published in Public Roads' March/April issue.
- Seri Park, PhD, PTP, Clare Boothe Luce Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, was named a panel member of the Transit Cooperative Research Program in 2013.
- On February 5, 2013, Dr. Bridget Wadzuk, Associate Professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering was invited to give a talk as part of the Department of Geography and the Environment’s Spring 2013 “Environmental Issues Seminar Series”. Her talk was titled "The Next Generation of Constructed Stormwater Wetlands.”