Our purpose is to represent the engineering graduate student community in any approved academic or non-academic affairs that could potentially impact the College of Engineering at Villanova University and to be the liaison between the College of Engineering administration and the graduate engineering community.
- To welcome new graduate student members and to motivate graduate students to be part of the new Engineering Graduate Student Council EGSC
- To inform graduate students about current research activities at the engineering departments
- To bring an opportunity to the graduate students to demonstrate their research by presenting their work in a poster setup event
- To discuss the issues of the graduate students community between the different departments
- To connect graduate students in a plan social or sport events
- To coordinate field trips with the different professional organizations, to expose the students to the different engineering industries in the area and to connect with professional engineers
- To prepare fund raising activities that will enable the EGSC to embark in enhanced activities (e.g. fellowships and charities)
- To educate elementary and high school students about the importance of furthering their education in engineering and science.
- To bring up environmental issues and how can engineers deploy their engineering and science knowledge to deal with it.
- To produce a forum to discuss the importance of graduate studies
- To join other group organizations in performing multicultural activities that will help the graduate students learn about the Villanova multicultural diversity