With the November signing of a new Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), the Center for Advanced Communications (CAC) and L'Institut Polytechnique de Grenoble in Grenoble, France, formalized a framework for cooperation to facilitate and/or enhance current collaborative research, education, and teaching opportunities. This arrangement marks the CAC’s 10th international partnership.
"Over the past several years, we have built a very productive and successful relationship with faculty and students from L'Institut Polytechnique de Grenoble, who have contributed meaningfully to our ongoing research into acoustics, ultrasound, radar, and signal processing," says Dr. Moeness Amin, Director of the CAC.
Recent visitors have included Dr. Cornel Ioana, Associate Professor and Researcher with GIPSA-lab laboratory, who has supported CAC research on signal processing methods as applied to natural phenomena and problems related to the modeling of signals associated with dynamic radar scenes. The CAC also has hosted four Master of Science candidates for six months each as part of an internship program through their graduate studies curriculum.
The new MOU includes the potential for a faculty and researcher exchange; joint organization of conferences, symposia, seminars, and publications; exchange of publications and scientific and pedagogical documentation; development of joint training, research projects, new educational products, and support of the implementation of research structures; and student exchange and internships.
Since 2003 the CAC has signed 10 MOU with international academic institutions, including:
- Telecommunications Technological Center of Catalonia – Barcelona, Spain
- Smart Antenna Research Team, Duisburg-Essen University – Duisburg, Germany
- Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University – Cairo, Egypt
- Centre for Signal Processing, Nanyang Technological University – Singapore
- Positioning Wireless Technology Center, Nanyang Technological University – Singapore
- Tampere University of Technology – Rauma, Finland
- University of Montenegro – Podgorica, Montenegro
- Defence Research & Development Canada (DRDC) – Ottawa, Canada
- University of Wollongong – New South Wales, Australia
- L'Institut Polytechnique de Grenoble – Grenoble, France