Dr. Gary Gabriele, Drosdick Endowed Dean of the College of Engineering, will join the Board of Directors of the American Society of Engineering Education's Engineering Research Council, having been elected Vice-Chair/Chairperson-Elect for the term 2010-2012.
“I look forward to the opportunity to helping keep the lines of communications open between ASEE and the agencies funding the nation’s engineering research needs,” says Dr. Gabriele, who will transition to the position of Chairperson of the Engineering Research Council in 2012. “I also look forward to helping to advance the visibility and funding for research at smaller research institutions, as well as advocate for programs that assist the development of our younger faculty.”
In this role, Dr. Gabriele will provide leadership to the Council as it seeks to fulfill its primary objectives to:
- Provide a forum for discussion of problems and exchange of information pertaining to the research activities of ASEE members;
- Provide programs at meetings;
- Represent and speak on behalf of research and its administration both externally and within ASEE;
- Improve the effectiveness of research operations at ERC member institutions; and
- Establish and maintain liaison with other organizations concerned with research and its administration.
Comprised of members of the engineering education community at the college level, as well as engineers from the industrial and government sectors, the Council supports and enhances the efforts of education organizations as they conduct research into engineering, technology, computing, and applied science topics.