The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering maintains many software packages on the College network and on student laptops in support of undergraduate and graduate courses. These packages include engineering graphics, analysis and design software.
Civil specific examples include:
- Autocad design graphics package
- STAADPro structural analysis and design software
- CONSPAN bridge design software
- ANSYS finite element modeling package.
- ARCVIEW Geographic Information Systems
- HEC-HMS Corps of Engineers Hydrologic Modeling Software
- HEC-RAS Corps of Engineers River Analysis Software
- SWMM EPA Stormwater Management Model
- Plus many more.
In addition, standard word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, CAD, and mathematical analysis software are available.
In addition to the undergraduate laptop program, the College of Engineering maintains its own network server and several modern computer laboratories that are available for student use. Parts of this system are also available over the internet through the Citrix server.