Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- The applicant's undergraduate record and letters of recommendation must indicate the ability to undertake graduate studies.
- Applicants should ideally hold an accredited bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or its equivalent. Applicants not possessing an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering may be required to take additional undergraduate courses prior to admission.
- The undergraduate course of study should have included, in addition to the usual two years of basic science and mathematics, at least one year of course work in the areas of solid mechanics, dynamics, thermal sciences, fluid mechanics, materials science and/or design.
- Scores on the General Test of the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) are required for international applicants and graduates of institutions not accredited by ABET.
- International applicants must give evidence of adequate proficiency in the English language by achieving a score of at least 600 (equivalent to 250 in computer-based score) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). IELTS scores may be substituted for the TOEFL.
Please refer to the Graduate Admission page for complete details.