Consistent with the University’s Augustinian Mission that values broadly-educated, and well-rounded individuals, the Program Educational Objectives of the Chemical Engineering Department are to produce chemical engineering graduates who:
- apply the scientific principles underlying technology and possess the technical skills needed to contribute to the chemical engineering profession immediately at an entry level.
- enter related professions, should they choose to do so, including professions that require further education.
- display personal and interpersonal skills, such as effective communication and multidisciplinary team interactions, that facilitate the effective practice of their profession.
- recognize the importance of and have the ability to engage in lifelong learning.
- continue to learn and grow professionally, and who take advantage of professional opportunities as they arise to enhance their career.
- recognize their professional responsibilities to society in areas such as ethics, environmental protection, and safety.
Approved (as revised) 10/5/11