The Typical E-Learning Student
Course X is offered in the Fall semester on Thursdays from 6:15- 8:45 p.m. You know that for whatever reason (travel, work, distance, family, etc.) you can’t attend the class on campus on a regular basis, however, you want to progress with your graduate degree without taking a semester off. You are the perfect candidate for the College of Engineering’s E-Learning program.
The E-Learning course will allow you to:
- Attend class live via the web, enabling you to participate with the class in real-time.
- Watch the recorded course at your convenience. It’s available on demand 24-7; you need only an internet connection to download it.
- Choose between these formats on a weekly basis as your schedule requires. You can even attend class on campus when you’re able provided there are available seats in the classroom (which is typically the case).
How it Works
- Apply to the graduate program in the department of your choice. Apply as if attending on campus.
- After you receive notification that you are able to register, register for the “DL1” section of any course that offers it. These can be found on the registrar's search page. Note that the E-Learning course option costs the same as regular tuition.
- Check your Villanova e-mail for communication from the course professor. If you don't know how to access your e-mail, call 610-519-7777. You will also receive an email from the Engineering E-Learning Department the week before your course starts with instructions for accessing the content.
- Regardless of whether you choose to participate in class virtually in real-time or access the recording at your convenience, you are required to keep up with weekly assignments. Assignments can be scanned and emailed to the professor or faxed in.
- Each professor has his/her own testing style which may include presentation, open-note, take home, or timed. In any case, the E-Learning team will guide you through any questions or problems you have in submitting your work.
- By the end of the semester, you will have completed the same course at the same time as your fellow classmates, but possibly without ever stepping foot on campus. In fact, you can complete your entire degree this way.
- Your diploma will not indicate that you completed your degree via "E-Learning." Just as every other student in the program, you will have earned your degree from Villanova University’s College of Engineering.