May 20, 2016
Dear Faculty and Staff:
We continue to make progress on the Design Concept for Lancaster Avenue project, which will transform the main parking lots along Lancaster Avenue into a stunning new space that features residence halls, retail, new parking, a pedestrian bridge and a performing arts center.
In February, we completed renovations to the St. Augustine Center (SAC) Parking Garage, and we continue to make progress on a number of other projects around campus. Here is a brief overview of some of the renovation and construction projects that will take place this summer on campus.
- Lancaster Avenue Surface Parking Lot: The new surface parking lot on Lancaster Avenue around Moriarty, Griffin and Geraghty Halls is scheduled to open on June 6. The new entry/exit road adjacent to Farrell Hall is anticipated to be completed later this summer.
- New Parking Garage and Related Road Improvements: Work continues to move forward on the garage being built on East Main Lot. Precast concrete sections will be arriving in mid-June and the garage is anticipated to be completed in January 2017. Beginning this month and continuing through the summer, sections of Lancaster and Ithan Avenues will be widened. There will be lane restrictions during this phase of the work and pedestrian detours will be posted.
- St. Thomas Way: In July, we will be constructing a new road—St. Thomas Way—across from the Church that will replace the current Church Drive. This work includes a new traffic signal, crosswalk, and road widening for both a right turn lane and left turn lane into St. Thomas Way. When that work is complete, the new roadway will open and the current drive will be closed. This work will be done over the summer and targeted completion will be early September.
- Austin Hall: This residence hall will undergo extensive renovation, including the addition of air conditioning. Due to construction in Austin Hall, the Office of Admission has relocated to the Connelly Center for the summer.
- Bartley Hall Exchange: The indoor space will be slightly expanded and a new outdoor patio will be added to create an inviting study and event space, as well as a beautiful new entrance to Bartley Hall.
The goal with any campus construction project is to cause as little disruption to normal activities as possible. I thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience as we work to enhance our beautiful campus.