Veterans Information

Villanova University is honored to support the outstanding individuals who are serving or who have served in the U.S. Military while pursuing higher education.  We are committed to helping those service members achieve their educational goals. At Villanova University, we offer both active military and veterans the opportunity to continue their education on-line in over 35 different non-credit certificate programs and in over 14 in our classroom based programs. These programs are designed for the working military professional who wishes to gain added skills for both military and post military employment.

The Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) determines the eligibility to receive educational assistance benefits for students. 

University Alliance Students:

If you are taking online courses through our online partner, University Alliance, please click here for more information.

Visit the GI Bill® website for additional resources and information.

Veterans' Certification

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

The VA determines student eligibility to receive educational assistance benefits.  Students must apply for benefits directly with the VA.

Certification depends upon your VA determined eligibility, student status (full time, part time, or less than part time) and program of study.  Veteran certifications are processed at Villanova in the Office of the Registrar, Law School Registrar and Office of Continuing Studies, by one of our 3 School Certifying Officials (SCO).   SCO contact information is provided below.

To check on the status of your application for benefits, time remaining for benefits, or any other general benefits questions, please contact the Veteran’s Affairs Office of the Philadelphia Education Department at 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551).  Villanova SCOs cannot provide advisement or counseling related to Veteran benefits. 

  • If this is the first time you will be utilizing VA benefits at Villanova University, see instructions on How to Apply for VA benefits.
  • Each term/semester/session, returning students wishing to utilize VA Benefits must Request Veteran Certification from their SCO and keep the SCO updated on any changes in their enrollment. 

Transfer of Benefits:
Service members wishing to transfer their unused Post 9/11 GI Bill education benefits to their children or spouses must do so before applying for Veteran's Benefits: please see the Department of Defense (DOD) website for instructions to apply for the Transferability of Education Benefits (TEB) under the Post-9/11 GI Bill.  The VA does not determine eligibility for TEB.

Villanova University participates in the Post 9/11 GI Bill® Yellow Ribbon program. 

How to Apply for VA Benefits with the Department of Veteran's Affairs:

Students applying for VA benefits for the first time at Villanova, will fall into one of two categories:  A) Initiating VA benefits for the first time  OR  B) Resuming VA Benefits.   The procedures to apply for these benefits through Veteran’s Affairs differs as follows:

Quick Registration

Select your program of choice from the Jump To menu below!

Continuing Studies