What is a C.E.U.?

The Continuing Education Unit (C.E.U.) is a nationally recognized unit of measure standardizing participation in non-degree continuing education courses. A C.E.U. is defined as ten (10) contact hours in an organized program under responsible sponsorship, capable direction, and qualified instruction.

Back to Top

What is the difference between Continuing Studies and Part-Time Studies?

The Office of Continuing Studies offers professional enhancement courses and programs. These are Non-Credit/Certificate Courses. If you are interested in Credit Courses for a degree, please call:
Part-Time Studies at 610.519.4300. 

Back to Top

How do I request a transcript?

For information regarding all transcript requests please click here.

Back to Top

How do I register for a Continuing Studies Course?

All registrations can be submitted on the web. 

Back to Top

How do I receive my bill and make payment?

Paper bills are no longer mailed.  Students and authorized users are able to view billing statements and make secured payments electronically.  You can also print official invoices for self and employer use. Once you receive your confirmation and VU ID #, you may log onto V-Bill to create your V-bill account and then view/pay your bill electronically. Bills are updated on the 1st and 10th and 20th of every month.  Continuing Studies students have the option to pay by check, cash or credit card (only Master Card, Discover, or American Express accepted).  A 2.75% convenience fee is charged on all credit card transactions.  Please keep in mind that this convenience fee is non-refundable when choosing a payment method.  If you wish to pay with credit card, please access the credit card payment option under Bursar Links through your myNova account.  You also have the option of paying the bill online from your checking or savings account as well as printing the bill and mailing your check directly to the Bursar's Office.

Back to Top

What if my payment is overdue?

The student is responsible for payment of all charges on his/her account. Overdue obligations may be referred to a collection agency and reported to the credit bureaus. If any overdue obligation is referred to an outside collection agency or to an attorney for collection efforts and/or legal suit, the debt is increased to cover all reasonable costs of collection including collection fees, court costs and attorney fees

Back to Top

Will I be able to register for additional classes or receive certificates or transcripts if I have an overdue obligation?

If a student has an overdue obligation, registration will not be permitted and academic records and certificates will not be released.

Back to Top

How do I cancel a registration and receive a refund?

In order to obtain a refund, You Must Request in Writing (by mail, fax to 610.519.6144 or e-mail to continuing.studies@villanova.edu) a Registration Cancellation Before The First Day of Class. Not showing up for class does not cancel your registration; therefore, you will be responsible for full payment.

Back to Top

I noticed some courses require a parking permit, how do I obtain one?

Once you have been registered for specific courses that require a parking permit, you will receive an email with your Villanova login to access your personalized NyNova web page. Look for the Novasis link to apply for your parking permit.  If you have any questions, please call the Office of Continuing Studies at 610-519-4310.

Back to Top

How do I find out if class is cancelled due to inclement weather?

Closings due to inclement weather announced on area radio stations, including KYW. We are in DELAWARE COUNTY. For on campus classes, a message is also sent out via Nova Alert. The code for evening classes is 524; day classes is 528. For recorded messages pertaining to potential closings, you can call 610-519-4310. For classes held at off site locations, The Office of Continuing Studies keeps in contact for closing information, but you may need to check with site location for late decisions.

Back to Top

Quick Registration

Select your program of choice from the Jump To menu below!

Continuing Studies