If you are an early to mid-career facility management practitioner, transitioning into the profession, or a supplier to the industry, the Facility Management credential can help you earn the knowledge and respect you need to succeed.
Villanova University, in partnership with the International Facility Management Association (IFMA), offers the four-course IFMA FMP® Credential Program ™ starting on September 20, 2013. The four courses are presented in a convenient, adult-friendly format over an eight-week time frame which consists of six Friday evenings and all-day Saturday classes. Classes are scheduled on a two weeks on, one week off basis. All course materials, and appropriate meals are included in the tuition cost.
Villanova will teach you the knowledge and skills demanded by today’s employers and help you earn the FMP® credential.
By attending our four FMP® courses, you will:
- Increase your knowledge and skills in:
- Operations and Maintenance
- Project Management
- Finance and Business Essentials
- Leadership and Strategy Essentials
- Network with peers and discuss difficult topics with an expert instructor
- Attend classes close to home and on evenings and weekends
- Access the FMP final assessments and earn the FMP credential
Villanova, PA 19085
The IFMA FMP® Credential Program curriculum was developed by a team of global industry experts to teach the knowledge and skills demanded by today’s facility management employers, as defined by the most recent IFMA global job task analysis.
These materials include:
- Printed course materials
- Interactive online study tools
- Final FMP® assessments
Not only will you enhance your FM knowledge and skills, and qualify for the FMP® Credential (upon successful completion of the final FMP® assessments); the materials will serve as an ongoing reference of facility management practices. In addition to meals, the course investment includes all course materials and FMP® final assessments, but does not cover the FMP® application fee.
By enrolling in this course, you’ll benefit from:
- Experienced instructors who present the IFMA FMP® Credential Program materials in an easy-to-understand format.
- Training close to home.
- A structured learning environment to keep you on schedule.
- Opportunity to build your peer network.
- Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) issued by Villanova University.
Who Should Enroll?
IFMA’s Facility Management Professional (FMP®) Credential will help to accelerate an FM’s transition into the profession. By enrolling in Villanova’s IFMA FMP® Credential Program course, you will improve your knowledge, enhance your skills, and have access to everything you need to earn the FMP® Credential.
This professional development program is designed for:
- Early-to mid-career facility management practitioners seeking enhanced knowledge and skills.
- Individuals who are transitioning into the FM profession.
- Related-industry practitioners such as architects, designers and safety engineers.
- Facility-related product and service providers.
- Students entering the profession from colleges, universities, certificate or technical programs.
The IFMA Facility Management Professional (FMP®) Credential Program Curriculum
With the help of our expert instructors and the comprehensive print materials, you will explore the topics deemed critical by employers and practitioners worldwide.
Course 1: Operations and Maintenance
- Introduction to Operations and Maintenance
- Assess Facility Needs
- Manage/Oversee Operations and Maintenance of Building,
- Systems and Equipment
- Manage/Oversee Occupant Services
- Select the Best Resources
- Measure and Optimize Operations and Maintenance Performance
Course 2: Project Management
- Introduction to Project Management
- Define Projects
- Plan Projects
- Manage and Oversee Projects
- Close Projects
Course 3: Finance and Business Essentials
- Finance and Business in the Facility Organization
- Financial Management of the Facility Organization
- Procurement in the Facility Organization
- Contracts in the Facility Organization
Course 4: Leadership and Strategy Essentials
- Plan Strategically
- Lead and Manage the Facility Organization
- Provide Leadership to the Entire Organization
FMP® Credential Requirements
The IFMA FMP® Credential Program materials include online FMP® final assessments. To earn the FMP® Credential, you must pass each of the four FMP® final assessments with a score of 75% or higher. Once completed, you must submit an FMP® application (with fee) to IFMA to validate your credential.
Alana F. Dunoff, M.S. Facility Planning and Management (Cornell University, 1992)
Alana has over 18 years experience in strategic facility planning, management and consulting in the corporate commercial, healthcare and retail industries. She has her M.S. in Facility Planning and Management from Cornell University and her B.S in Environmental Psychology from Boston University. Alana is President of AFD Facility Planning and she served as a Director on the Board of Directors of the International Facility Management Association and also served as President of the local Philadelphia Chapter of IFMA in 2001.
The course is $2300.00 and includes IFMA FMP® Credential Program materials, and final FMP® assessments as well as meals. Please note that a laptop computer is required to complete the assessments in class.
Back to top