AFP Learning System: Treasury, Instructor-Led Course
If you have been looking to broaden your knowledge and skills in the field of corporate treasury management in an effort to further your career, help your company, or prepare for the Certified Treasury Professional Exam (CTP ) exam, the AFP Learning System: Treasury course at Villanova University is ideal for you.
AFP Learning System: Treasury, Instructor-Led Course
The AFP Learning System: Treasury course at Villanova University is a professional development program and a Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) exam preparation program. This program is based on the newly introduced CTP body of knowledge, which was updated for 2011 to more accurately reflect the redefined responsibilities of treasury professionals. It was developed by a team of subject matter experts on corporate treasury management.
This program is offered in cooperation with the Association of Financial Professionals (AFP) and the Philadelphia Association for Finance Professionals. It is a blended format of printed workbooks and web-based learning software that is based on the complete text of Essentials of Treasury Management, Third Edition – the official body of knowledge tested on the new CTP exam. The classroom environment allows for interaction between your peers and the instructor, and also provides a structure to keep you on track to meet your goals.
The blended AFP Learning System: Treasury Course includes:
- Six module based on the new body of knowledge divided into seven easy-to-handle workbooks
- More then 450 end-of-module questions and answers
- More than 750 “Describe and Differentiate” exercises
Web-Based Testing Components:
- More than 900 online questions in the format found on the actual CTP exam
- Pre-test to gauge current knowledge
- Module-specific tests with automatic feedback
- Calculations to practice the nearly 70 different formulas found in the body of knowledge
- Flashcards featuring key definitions and formulas
- Comprehensive post-tests
- Progress reports
- Test timing feature
- Final review practice tests with 500+ questions
- Online resource center featuring test-taking tips, printable flashcards, additional resources and more
Certified Treasury Professional Certification Exam:
The 2013 CTP examination testing window and deadlines:
- Testing Window - December 1, 2013 through January 31, 2014.
- Registration Deadline - September 27, 2013.
- Final Registration Deadline - November 8, 2013.
- Please go to the CTP website for more information
Program Structure and Content
Course Learning Objectives:
- Maintain optimal cash positioning.
- Employ working capital strategies and tools.
- Utilize various types of payment systems and Internet technologies.
- Monitor and control corporate exposure to financial and operational risks.
- Determine proper capital structure.
- Manage cross-border funds movement.
- Coordinate financial functions and sharing of financial information - Delineate appropriate ethical behaviors.
- Recognize corporate governance issues.
- Delineate appropriate ethical behaviors.
- Build relationships with financial services providers.
Professionals that have Enrolled:
You don’t have to be a treasury professional to benefit from the AFP Learning System: Treasury Course. Here are some of the professionals that have benefited from the program:
- Bankers and other financial services providers developing and implementing products and services for use by corporate finance organizations.
- Technical and administrative staff supporting finance functions.
- Students with an interest in finance and business related fields.
Web access and basic understanding of financial accounting required of all participants. Class size is limited. Early enrollment is encouraged.
The AFP Learning System
Six 2012 Modules:
- Module One: The Corporate Treasury Management Function
- Module Two: Corporate Financial Management
- Module Three: Working Capital Management
- Module Four: Cash and Liquidity Management
- Module Five: Money and Capital Markets
- Module Six: Treasury Operations and Controls
- Interactive learning experience. Engage in classroom discussion and continue your learning at home using the web-based tests and application exercises.
- Cost-effective learning. Minimize your travel expenses for professional development.
- Tuition reimbursement. You may be eligible for employer tuition reimbursement.
- Convenient hours. Classes are offered after work.
- CTP exam preparation. AFP recommends using the AFP Learning System: Treasury course as the preferred method of preparation for the CTP exam.
- CTP recertification credits. If you have already attained your CTP designation, you are eligible for 18 recertification credits when you complete this course with a 70% or higher score.
- Ongoing reference materials. After course completion, the course materials can serve as desk reference books and resources.
- Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Treasury Management in addition to a Certificate of Completion from Villanova University awarded, along with 3.6 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) for the 36 hour course.
*Association of Financial Professionals is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Information regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. Web site:www.nasba.org
This course is offered in cooperation with the Association for Financial Professionals and the Philadelphia Association for Financial Professionals
|September 12, 2013 through
December 12, 2013 (12 Sessions)
6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
$1,550 – Association for Financial Professional (AFP) or Philadelphia Association for Financial Professional (PAFP) Member
$1,650 – Non-Member
May be eligible for Employer Education Reimbursement Benefits (check with your HR Department).
Course fee includes:
- AFP Learning System Participant Guide.
- Access to Web-based testing components with over 400 test questions and real-life interactive applications.
- A glossary of terms to make it easier to review key terms.
- AFP membership information.
- The Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) Candidate Information Bulletin with exam application.
- AFP Products Catalog.
Dennis M. McNulty, CTP is a financial executive with 30 years of experience in private sector treasury operations. He has extensive experience with start-up companies implementing cash management solutions, with special emphasis on banking relationships, investment and debt management, automated treasury systems, and cash flow analysis.
Mr. McNulty is the former Chief Financial Officer of National Community Capital Association, Reinsurance Solutions International, CLS Corporation and Bennett's Trailer Company. Dennis earned his MBA from Drexel University and has taught business courses at Drexel University and Holy Family University. He is active in the Association for Financial Professionals and is a past President of the Philadelphia Association for Financial Professionals.
Michael Rinelli, CTP, has over 16 years experience in the areas of accounting, finance and and treasury operations. Michael has an MBA from Rider University and Master of Education from Temple University. He is active in the Association for Financial Professionals and is an Officer in the Philadelphia Association for Financial Professionals.