The IRS and Department of Labor change payroll requirements and procedures every year. Are you in compliance?
Villanova University, a leader in continuing education is proud to partner with the American Payroll Association in offering the premier payroll designation in the country. Villanova University’s PayTrain Fundamentals and PayTrain Mastery courses are designed to increase your payroll knowledge. Whether your knowledge is at a basic or advanced level, this course will help ensure your company’s compliance with federal and state regulations.
June 4 - August 13, 2014
6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Villanova, PA 19085
In cooperation with the American Payroll Association, Villanova University presents the PayTrain College & University program for payroll professionals. Comprised of two professional development courses: PayTrain Fundamentals and PayTrain Mastery. This program is designed for all levels of payroll administration. Enrollees in the course receive classroom instruction, textbooks and access to interactive online games and applications to reinforce topics learned.
Earn HRCI Continuing Education Hours through Villanova University
HR professionals who are PHR/SPHR certified can earn 30 re-certification hours with the HR Certification Institute by enrolling in PayTrain® Fundamentals. Click on the Registration button above to register and to take advantage of this opportunity.
Who Should Enroll?
- Experienced and entry level payroll professionals
- Human Resource Professionals PHR/SPHR Certified
- Managers and supervisors providing strategic payroll management
- Sales professional and consultants serving the payroll industry
- Systems analysts and engineers writing payroll programs
- Payroll service bureau client representatives
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) exam candidates
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP*) exam candidates
*To qualify for CPP certification, candidates must have earned three years of payroll experience in the five years prior to taking the exam.
By completing PayTrain’s Fundamentals and Mastery courses, you will gain:
- A foundation of knowledge for starting or advancing your payroll career
- Improved job performance by increasing accuracy and compliance
- Access to a network of peers to learn about payroll practices in other organizations
- Solid grounding in compliance issues related to tax and regulatory information
- Preparation for the FPC and CPP exams
- Recertification Credit Hours (RCHs) or Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to maintain FPC or CPP credentials
PayTrain Fundamentals covers concepts, calculations, fringe benefits, tax compliance, record keeping and best practices, accounting, and administration as they apply to Payroll. The course is ideal for individuals who are new to the payroll industry, those who support the payroll industry, and those who are preparing for the FPC or CPP certification examinations. This course will provide you with the basic knowledge and skills required to maintain payroll compliance and prevent costly penalties.
A continuation of PayTrain Fundamentals, PayTrain Mastery is a comprehensive course providing students with a solid understanding of advanced payroll topics necessary for payroll managers and supervisors. This course is ideal for experienced payroll professionals seeking compliance training, professional development, or CPP certification preparation. For success on the CPP exam, this course should be taken after completing PayTrain Fundamentals
PayTrain Fundamentals: $899.00.
PayTrain Mastery: $999.00.
Registration fees include all manuals, learning supplies and online applications.