Dennis M. McNulty, CTP
- Is a financial executive with 30 years of experience in private sector treasury operations.
- He has extensive experience with start-up companies implementing cash management solutions, with special emphasis on banking relationships, investment and debt management, automated treasury systems, and cash flow analysis.
Michael Rinelli, CTP
- Has over 16 years experience in the areas of accounting, finance and treasury operations.
- Michael has an MBA from Rider University and Master of Education from Temple University.
- He is active in the Association for Financial Professionals and is an Officer in the Philadelphia Association for Financial Professionals.
Back to Top
ALCOHOL & DRUG
James Thomas Hanlon
- Is the Director of the Department of Diagnostic Services for the Thirty-Second Judicial District. The department receives referrals from the 42 Magisterial District Courts as well as the 22 Common Pleas Court Judges from the Criminal, Civil, and Family Divisions of the Thirty-Second Judicial District. The referrals include all DUI and non-DUI cases.
- James received a Master of Science, in Criminal Justice Management from West Chester University in 1982.
- He is a past President of Pennsylvania Driving Under the Influence Association and serves on the Delaware County Drug and Alcohol Advisory Board.
Catherine Williams, Ph.D., LSW
- Dr. Williams has extensive professional experience in the Public Health arena as a Therapist, Advocate, Social Worker, Manager, Director, Administrator, Educator, Researcher, and Public Health Consultant. Dr. Williams is currently the Administrator for the Single County Authority, Office of Addiction Services, and provides cross systems’ leadership across diverse work cultures.
- Dr. Williams has played a significant role in the transformation of Philadelphia’s Department of Behavioral Health into a Recovery Oriented System of Care. Dr. Williams is a United States Army Veteran, and is highly committed to empowering and restoring the lives of people, and connecting them to medical, behavioral, social, economic, and educational resources that will not only strengthen the person, but also the community at-large.
- She received her Bachelor of Art in Business and Management from the University of Maryland, a Master in Social Work from Temple University and a Doctor of Philosophy, Public Health/Health Studies from Temple University. She also received her Certification in Alcohol and Drug Counseling from Villanova, earned her Professional Clinical Certification in Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counseling and is a Pennsylvania Licensed Social Worker .
- She has been a Substance Abuse Educator in Villanova’s Alcohol and Drug Counseling program since 2001.
Elaine G. Selan, RN, MSN, NE-BC
- Elaine is Principal of egs Initiatives, a multi-dimensional consulting and training company. She provides professional health-related training programs with specialization in substance abuse, adolescents, co-occurring disorders, and ethical decision-making. A sampling of Elaine’s professional experience includes: directing a multi-site outpatient substance abuse program for adults and adolescents in Camden, NJ; managing child and adolescent nursing services at the Belmont Center; and consulting with a variety of programs helping to re-design and implement evidence-based practices.
- Most recently Elaine has ventured into the field of nursing informatics where she combines her years of training experience and expertise in the use of electronic medical records to train health care professionals how to use this technology to improve the quality of their practice and effectively enhance workflow. She is currently a consultant with Encore Health Resources where she travels extensively throughout the United States providing EMR training programs.
- She received her diploma in Nursing from Pennsylvania Hospital School of Nursing, and later, a BSN in 1990 and her MSN in Public Health Nursing in 1993, both from La Salle University. She earned a American Nursing Credentialing Center [ANCC] board certification as a nurse executive in 2010.
- Elaine has been a member of the Villanova University Substance Abuse Certification Program faculty since 1997; she is also a certified trainer for the PA Department of Health, Bureau of Drug and Alcohol Programs.
- Paul Boyd is currently the Director of Woodside Hall, the IOP and outpatient substance use treatment program at Belmont Center for Comprehensive Treatment.
Paul continues to run weekly group meetings in the unit. Paul has also taught at Camden County College and Eastern University in the addiction studies programs.
- Working as an intensive outpatient counselor at Presbyterian Medical Center in the past has given him experience in an outpatient setting as well.
- Paul was also previously employed by Time-Out, where he taught fitness counseling to recovering persons in residential, community, and IOP settings.
- Paul received his undergraduate degree from Temple University and his Master’s in Counseling and Human Relations from Villanova.
- He has also taught at Camden County College and Eastern University in addiction studies programs.
- Paul is currently a Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor.
- In 1999 Laura became the Director of Residential Services at the North Philadelphia Health System. Over the last 14 years NPHS has worked with DBH to transform its Intensive Outpatient Programs, it has made medication assisted treatment available in all levels of care, and has initiated one of the first programs designed for chronically homeless men.
- Laura currently serves as the Vice President of Behavioral Health Services.
- Laura’s career includes working in therapeutic communities in West Chester and Wilmington Delaware. She was employed by the Crozer Medical Center for 13 years working in one of the first Drug and Alcohol partial programs as well as its outpatient programs. From 1991 through 1996 Laura was employed by the Delaware County Drug and Alcohol Commission and was responsible for establishing new programs and evaluating existing ones. In 1996 she came back to Philadelphia to work at the Kirkbride Center where she developed the first residential methadone maintenance program in the city.
- Lynne is a clinical counselor with almost 30 years experience working with individuals, couples and their families that struggle with substance abuse and/or mental health issues.
- Her career path has included correctional facilities, inpatient and outpatient drug and alcohol and mental health treatment facilities and academic environments. The nature of this field led Lynne to work with those infected and affected by HIV/AIDS.
- In addition to her successful interventions with adults, Lynne has lengthy experience in secondary and collegiate student assistance programs in which she provided therapeutic training and services to help young people navigate their sometimes difficult life challenges.
- She received her Bachelor’s degree from West Chester University as well as a Master’s degree in counseling and education. Lynne also holds a certification in counseling which she received from Villanova University.
Nailah A. Green
- Nailah currently works as a Substance Abuse Evaluator for the Gloucester County Drug Court Program for the Superior Court of New Jersey. In this capacity, she provides clinical assessment, makes treatment recommendations/referrals and is consulted for evidenced-based and best practice insights to ensure the Drug Court Program is providing its clients with the best clinical practices in the field.
- In the past, she has worked in treatment programs providing counseling services to clients at various levels of care including residential (Therapeutic Community), outpatient and medication assisted treatment (MAT) programs.
- She is a Master’s level clinician who is currently pursuing a doctorate in Psychology. She has been in the addiction and treatment field for over 13 years and her expertise is working with criminal offenders who also present with co-occurring disorders. As a Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor, she infuses her knowledge of the criminal justice system to meet the unique needs of those individuals who present with substance use disorders and require intensive case management needs.
- She also enjoys teaching psychology and addictions-based courses and is an adjunct instructor at Camden County College and has taught at Rowan University’s Center for Addiction Studies.
Roland Lamb, M.A.
- Roland has been working in the field of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Dependence Treatment for over 35 years as counselor, therapist, supervisor, coordinator of addictive services, program director, trainer, lecturer, consultant, and administrator.
- Because of the extent and nature of the various positions held within the behavioral health system, i.e., managed care, services to the uninsured and coordinating the Single County Authority he currently provides cross system management across several different work cultures.
- Roland has for the last ten years been very involved in the development and implementation of Integrated Behavioral Health models and for the last five years has played a significant role under the leadership of Dr Arthur C. Evans PhD in Philadelphia’s Transformation to a Recovery Oriented System of Care. Roland was honored in 2010 by the American Association for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence (AATOD) receiving the Nyswander/Dole award and in 2011 by Faces And Voices Of Recovery (FAVOR) with the Vernon Johnson Award. 2012 One Day At A Time Suffering Peoples Award, 2013 Chair of the American Association for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence (AATOD) Conference, and the 2013 Pennsylvania’s Recovery Organization- Achieving Community Together (PRO-ACT) Friend Of The Field award.
Sean Behan, M.A.
- Sean is currently a member of the Dialectical Behavior Therapy National Certification and Accreditation Association, and has worked in a variety of levels of care from inpatient D&A rehab units and partial hospital mental health care to his current position as the Lead Mental Health Professional on an Assertive Community Treatment team in Delaware County.
- Sean has had the benefit of working throughout the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions to gain a wide variety of perspectives on approaches to drug & alcohol and mental health care.
- While in New Hampshire, Sean worked with members of Dartmouth University to continue to develop the evidence-based practice of Illness Management and Recovery.
- Sean has presented the results of his research (mostly focusing on depression) at national, regional, and local conferences.
Thomas M. Baier
- Tom Baier is Executive Director for Addiction Services for JEVS Human Services.
- Tom holds a Master’s degree in Human Services (MHS), is a PA State licensed professional counselor (LPC) and holds certification as an addictions counselor (CACC) and a clinical supervisor (CCS).
- Tom is an adjunct faculty member for Villanova University where he was Program Coordinator for the certificate program in drug and alcohol counseling for 10 years. He also is an adjunct faculty member at Drexel University where he teaches in the behavioral health program.
- Tom is a past-president of the Pennsylvania Certification Board (PCB) where he served three consecutive presidential terms. He continues as a member of the PCB Board of Directors and as Chairman for the PCB Education Committee and committee member for the Ethics Committee. Tom is the Pennsylvania delegate to the International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC) where he also co-chairs the committee for the development of international standards for clinical supervision in substance abuse treatment settings. Tom is a surveyor for the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities where he specializes as an administrative surveyor for medication assisted treatment facilities.
- Tom’s current professional affiliations include: American Counseling Association, Pennsylvania Counseling Association, Association for Counselor Education and Supervision, National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors, and International Association of Addiction and Offender Counselors.
William P. Hample
- Since 1998, Bill has been a Senior Probation Officer in the State of New Jersey and is on the Drug Court Unit of Camden County Probation Department where he supervises serious drug abusers. He additionally serves as Probation Officer Trainer, Administrative Office of the Court for the State of New Jersey. His courses include all dimensions of substance abuse training, which can lead a probation officer to the certification of Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor, as well as the Criminal Justice Certification.
- Bill received his Bachelor’s of Science degree from Baptist Bible College and Seminary and has also completed additional hours in graduate and continuing education studies.
- He has been a Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor since 2004, and has earned certification in other areas and was an Ordained Minister in 1983.
- Bill is also an instructor for the following institutions: Rutgers School of Alcohol and Drug Institute, Delaware Valley Probation and Parole Training Center, Pennsylvania Probation and Parole Board, and Villanova University, Continuing Studies
M. Dean Bowman, LACDC, ICADC, CCDP, CCJP
- Dean is the Program Coordinator and an adjunct faculty member for the Villanova University Certificate in Alcohol and Drug Counseling Program.
- His experience in the field of Addiction Treatment spans over 20 years. He is the Drug Court Coordinator for the State of New Jersey, Vicinage XV (Cumberland/Gloucester/Salem Counties) Drug Court Program. He has served as a Clinical Supervisor and Consultant for the Administrative Office of the Courts, Director of Substance Abuse Services, Sikora Center Inc.; Recovery Training Specialist for the Behavioral Health Training and Education Network; Senior Counselor, Kintock Group; Inpatient Psychiatric Clinician, Eastern Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute. He has also held positions as Addiction Counselor, Co-occurring Counselor and Mental Health therapist.
- He was Group Drug Counselor for the National Institute on Drug Abuse treatment research project entitled the "Collaborative Cocaine Treatment Study" at the University of Pennsylvania Center for Psychological Research. Results of the study have been published in the NIDA Therapy Manuals for Drug Addiction, Manual #4.
- For 15 years Dean has been self-employed part-time, providing training in Drug, Alcohol, Co-occurring and Gambling Treatment Education. He has been a trainer for the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Bureau of Drug and Alcohol Programs since 1998.
Back to Top
Marj Yuschak, MBA, CMA
- Marj is a full-time Professor of Accounting at the Rutgers Business School Newark & New Brunswick. She teaches Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Cost Accounting, and Accounting for Engineers. She has also served as Faculty Advisor to Beta Alpha Psi, the national accounting honor society.
- She is President and owner of YM Strategies, Ltd., working with businesses to meet the training, development, and business needs of a company’s most valuable asset, their employees.
- Prior to this, Marj had a 21-year career at Johnson & Johnson developing expertise in cost accounting, financial reporting, and employee stock option programs. She had the opportunity to work in the consumer, pharmaceutical, and corporate segments of the business.
- Marj received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting from Rutgers University and an MBA in Pharmaceutical Marketing from Fairleigh Dickinson University. She is also a Certified Management Accountant (CMA).
- Marj is a Certified Trainer in both AchieveGlobal and DDI (Development Dimensions International) and is a member of the Raritan Valley Chapter of the IMA (Institute of Management Accountants) and ASTD (American Society for Training and Development).
Back to Top
Alana F. Dunoff, M.S.
- Alana has over 18 years experience in strategic facility planning, management and consulting in the corporate commercial, healthcare and retail industries. She is President of AFD Facility Planning.
- She has her M.S. in Facility Planning and Management from Cornell University and her B.S in Environmental Psychology from Boston University.
- She has served as a Director on the Board of Directors of the International Facility Management Association and also served as President of the local Philadelphia Chapter of IFMA in 2001.
- Chris has been in the Facility Management Industry for nearly 15 years, beginning his career as an on-site maintenance technician and progressing to the Divisional Management Level with a portfolio extending coast-to-coast. He is currently serving/teaching in the New Jersey Air National Guard and consulting for portfolio and facility management nation-wide.
- Chris has worked for some of the largest management companies in the country and holds over a dozen industry designations, licenses and certifications.
Back to Top
HUMAN RESOURCE STUDIES
- Angela Francesco, J.D., SPHR, GPHR, has extensive experience in Human Resource Management.
- Her positions in for-profit corporations have included Vice President of Human Resources with overall H.R. responsibility for pharmaceutical Research and Development scientists and staffs in the U.S., U.K., and France. She also has experience in not-for-profit academic institutions, where she was responsible for recruiting, policy development, employee relations and training and development.
- She is a Lecturer at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School and an adjunct instructor at Villanova University, where she teaches courses in Employment Law, Management, Human Resources and Labor Relations to graduate and undergraduate students. She also teaches in Villanova’s Department of Continuing Studies in their Human Resources Certificate programs, both on site and on line.
- Angela received her Bachelor’s Degree from Villanova University and her law degree from Temple University School of Law; she is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania.
- She also consults on a variety of Human Resources Management issues.
Brian G. Costello
- President, Human Resources Operations at Thomas Jefferson University, and prior to that, as Director, Human Resources Operations. He has additional professional work experience at American Healthcare Management, Inc., Hahnemann University, and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
- He earned his B.S., in Economics from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania and his M.S., in Human Resource Management at Widener University.
- He is also accredited as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR). He has been a member of the Continuing Studies Human Resources faculty since 1989.
Anita V. Dombrowski, MBA, SPHR
- Anita is a Human Resources executive with experience in the legal, manufacturing, and consulting industries. Her comprehensive experience includes talent management, employment law, benefits, compensation, organizational development, employee relations, labor relations, marketing, safety and compliance.
- Anita is the Vice President of HR Consulting Services for Tompkins Insurance Company.
- In her prior experience, Anita was the Head of Compensation and Benefits for Emtec Inc., HR Liaison/Business Partner for the 16 regional offices of Fox Rothschild LLP, and the Corporate Director of Human Resources at WolfBlock LLP.
- Prior to her law firm experience, Anita worked in the HR consulting arena at MidAtlantic Employers Association (MEA) and in manufacturing at MailWell Envelope, Plummer Precision Optics and Occidental Chemical Corporation.
- Anita has served as adjunct faculty of Temple University as a Project Manager for the Enterprise Management Consulting (EMC) MBA program of the Fox School of Business.
- Ms. Dombrowski received her MBA from Rosemont College, Rosemont, PA and her Bachelor’s degree in business and marketing from Alvernia University in Reading, PA.
- Anita is a past President of the Greater Valley Forge Human Resources Association, a SHRM affiliate mega chapter and the 2011 Delaware Valley HR Person of the Year.
Donna M. Torelli
- Donna has over 20 years of demonstrated expertise in the human resources field with extensive involvement in organization development, effectiveness and training, labor relations/employee relations, succession planning, change management, compensation/benefits, and international HR.
- She is the Vice President and Executive Director of Human Resources at Greene Tweed & Co., reporting to the President, and member of the Senior Leadership Team, with responsibility for a global HR organization that provides leadership and guidance on business and HR issues to ensure that the company achieves its growth and strategic business objectives.
- Donna is responsible for developing, implementing and administering global wide policies, processes and systems for Recruiting, Compensation, Benefits, Employee/Labor Relations, Training, Organization Development, and Policies. She manages Global oversight in Asia (Singapore, Taiwan, Japan and Korea) and Europe (UK, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland and Netherlands).
- She has previous experience at Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, Aventis Pharmaceuticals, and AMP, Incorporated.
- Donna received her A B.S. in Management from St. Joseph’s University and an MBA from Pennsylvania State University. She has also earned SHRM Certification for Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) and SHRM Certification for Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR).
Kathleen W. Koppenhaver
- Kathleen is currently the Director of Human Resources, Giant Carlisle/Ahold USA and has eighteen years of professional experience with increasing responsibility.
- She has served as a team member of the Villanova adjunct staff since 2008.
- She is a human resource professional with a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing from Pennsylvania State University and a Master’s degree in Public Administration also from Pennsylvania State University. Kathleen is SPHR certified since 2005.
- She was also recognized as a “Top Women In Grocery” honoree in 2011 by Progressive Grocer and serves as Member of the Network of Executive Women in The Greater Philadelphia Region.
- Kelly has been an experienced HR professional since 1987 and has held positions in the areas of staffing and recruiting, employee relations, organizational design and strategy development in the healthcare and retail industries.
- She is currently Vice President of Compensation, Benefits and HRIS for the international food retailer, Ahold.
- She also holds adjunct instructor positions for St. Francis University and Villanova.
- She earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management with a concentration in Human Resources from York College of Pennsylvania, and completed her Master’s degree in Human Resources from St. Francis University.
- She has been SPHR certified since 2002 and is certified in both Compensation and Benefits (CCP & CBP) through WorldAtWork.
- Dick has 30 years Human Resource upper management experience in the acute healthcare industry, predominately in the Delaware Valley region. While his HR management experience has primarily been that of generalist, he has enjoyed many opportunities focused in the O/D and Training arena and continues to accept suitable consulting engagements.
- Although recently retired from full time employment, he spent the past 8 years with Cooper University Hospital in Camden, New Jersey as Manager of Employee & Labor Relations. He currently serves as V.P. for Certification on the Board of Directors for the Southeastern Pennsylvania Society for Human Resources Management (SEPA SHRM), and has held other positions on the Board during the past 10 years. Additionally, he serves as an instructor for the SHRM Certification course taught through Villanova University.
- Dick is a certified senior HR professional (SPHR) and graduate of Ursinus College.
- He’s had the privilege of being a presenter at an American Compensation Association national conference as well as presenting HR related topics for a variety of community, civic and professional groups.
James S. Kane
- Jim is the Director of Continuing Studies at Villanova University and an adjunct instructor teaching the SHRM Learning System and the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources.
- Jim has been at Villanova since 1995 and has served as Director since 2008 after spending 23 years in Human Resources management. Jim has held key HR management roles at Villanova University, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Aqua America and Aon Corporation.
- He has managed every aspect of HR, from Benefits and Compensation/HRIS, to Employment, Employee and Leadership Development and Employee/Labor Relations.
- Jim has a B.A in Political Science and a M.S. in Human Resource Development from Villanova University. Jim has a graduate ABA certificate in Paralegal Studies and a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) designation from the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) through Villanova University.
- Jim is a member of the Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM), and the Greater Valley Forge Human Resources Association (GVFHR).
- Heather has held senior leadership positions in fast-paced corporate environments. She has served as Senior Director of Human Resources for YUM Restaurants (KFC, Pizza Hut, & Taco Bell) and as Director of Training and Development for Darden Restaurants (Red Lobster, Olive Garden). She has served as Vice President of Human Resources for a mid-sized civil engineering firm and most recently was named Human Resource Director for the Hill School, an Independent School located in Pottstown, Pa.
- In addition, Heather founded a Human Resources Consulting firm in 2009 to support the needs of small businesses in the region and through this work has met a wide variety of Human Resource challenges to support client business needs.
- Her variety of corporate and consulting experience has built a knowledge foundation that serves her well in the classroom.
- She has been an instructor with Villanova since 2010 and is instructor at the Pottstown location each Fall and Exton each Spring semester.
- She completed an undergraduate degree in Psychology from Temple and a Master of Management from The Pennsylvania State University.
Douglas H. Allen
- Doug has been the Senior Vice President of Human Resources for the Cooper Health System since 2005. At Cooper, he is as an active Member of the Senior Executive Team responsible for the delivery of all Human Resources and Employee Health Services; and is also responsible for the revenue generating Employee Assistance Program within Cooper University Hospital with revenues well in excess of 800 million dollars a year.
- He also serves on the Executive Committee of the United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey where he chairs the Human Resource Committee.
- Doug received a B.S. from Temple University and an M.S. in Counseling Psychology degree from Trenton State College.
- He is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) and was nominated for Human Resource Person of the Year and serves as a Certified Facilitator for the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) Benchmarks 350 Tools. He also received the Employee and Labor Relations Excellence Award given by the Delaware Valley Human Resource Department of the Year Committee and is an occasional invited speaker to the National School to Work Conference in Washington, DC and also to the Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania. Doug also is currently involved with the Society of Human Resource Management and Hospital Association of Pennsylvania.
James P. McHale
- Jim’s personal areas of expertise include managerial assessment, business team development, project management, strategic planning process consultation, executive conference design and management development. He teaches at Villanova University, Gwynedd Mercy University and Spring Mountain Ski School.
- He has served as leader of the Strategic Source, Inc. a business consulting practice for more than 20 years. Previously, Jim served as a senior manager at the Sun Company in several Human Resources and computer systems roles including manager of Benefits Administration, manager of Executive and Management Training and various roles in financial systems, benefits and computer systems consulting.
- Mr. McHale is a graduate of the Pennsylvania State University with a B.S. in Management and of the University of Maryland with an M.B.A. in Operations Research/Behavioral Science.
- He holds certifications as a Senior Professional Human Resources Manager (SPHR), a Certified Systems Professional (CSP) and as a Master Teacher of Alpine skiing.
- He is a former Captain in the U.S. Army with seven years of service as a Computer Systems Officer.
- Jim has taught at American University, Temple University and elsewhere on topics including human resource management, employee benefits, training and development, supervision, leadership, management information systems and systems analysis. He served as an adjunct faculty member and consultant at the Center for Creative Leadership in Greensboro, NC on various leadership programs.
- He has been an active member of ASTD and SHRM at local for many years and served in several senior roles for the ASTD National Conference.
- As the Director of Human Resource Services for Brown & Brown Alpha Benefits Division, Kim works with clients providing a variety of human resource and management related services.
- She delivers a variety of human resource presentations for organizations throughout Central Pennsylvania
- Kim holds the Senior Professional Human Resource certification through the Human Resource Certification Institute, and the Compensation Management Specialist designation for the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans and Wharton School.
- She is a member of the Society for Human Resource Management and a Past President of the Human Resource Professionals of Central PA.
- Kim is a graduate of York College of Pennsylvania with a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Business Education and holds an MBA/Human Resource Management for the University of Phoenix.
- President of Human Resource Trouble Shooters
- A nationally known speaker who has also presented Human Resource programs internationally in Turkey, China, and Bermuda.
- Susan teaches the Professional in Human Resource Management on-site and on-line for Villanova. She has also taught the Certification Preparation Course for the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) across the country for almost 20 years.
- Human-resource-related employment included positions as Vice President of Human Resources, St. Mary Hospital of Langhorne; Managing Director, H. R. and Administrative Services, United Way Southeastern Pa.; Director, H.R., Community Home Health Services of PA; Manager, Employment & EEO/AA, Hahnemann University and Hospital; and Administrative Coordinator/HR at Firstrust Bank.
- Susan received the national 1998 SHRM Award for Professional Excellence, the highest honor given at that time by SHRM, and the SHRM national Capital Award for outstanding achievement and contribution to the government affairs program. She is the only individual to ever receive both of these national awards from SHRM.
- Susan served as the SHRM Pennsylvania State Legislative Affairs Director for ten (10) years, through 2006; was a member of the SHRM National Training & Development Committee; Past-President of the Board of Governors for the SHRM National Consultants Forum Board; and Deputy Director for the SHRM PA State Council. Susan was the founding President of the SEPA SHRM Chapter and currently serves as an Ex-Officio Board Member on its Advisory Council.
- She graduated Summa Cum Laude from Marywood College with a degree in Business Administration and earned her law degree from Temple University School of Law, where she made Dean's List during her first semester and earned an Award for Trial Advocacy before she graduated.
- She law-clerked for Dechert Price & Rhodes, worked for Stephen Cabot at the law firm of Myerson and Kuhn (Bowie Kuhn, former Baseball Commissioner & Harvey Meyers, former USFL lead attorney) and had a partnership with Robert S. Mirin (a former PA Human Relations General Counsel) before she established her own part-time law firm, Susan Warner, Esq.
Back to Top
Michael Brozzetti, CIA, CISA, CGEIT
- Mike is a passionate innovator, educator, and consultant. He is the CEO of Boundless LLC, a Philadelphia-based internal audit and risk advisory firm that helps organizations manage the risk of internal control failure, respond to critical risk events, and improve the quality of internal audit activities.
- Michael’s experience includes: “Fortune 500” internal audit, “Big 4” external audit, and as a strategic partner and trusted advisor to his clients.
- He has authored “The New Era for Internal Auditors” article published with the Institute of Internal Auditors and has presented before groups including the Greater Philadelphia Senior Executive Group and Vistage International, the World’s largest CEO membership organization.
- Michael brings a mix of both theory and “real world” practice into the classroom and exudes a genuine care in helping people advance themselves, personally and professionally.
Back to Top
Samuel A. DiLullo
- Coordinator of the Villanova University Paralegal Program since 1987.
- Sam is a graduate of both Villanova university and Villanova University School of Law.
- In addition to directing the paralegal program, he practiced law for approximately 25 years and taught both undergraduate business school and paralegal classes.
Susan S. Bacastow
- Susan joined Villanova in 2008 and teaches Estates and Real Estate. Prior to teaching at Villanova, Susan taught for 14 years at Widener University where she earned three “Outstanding Faculty of the Year Awards”.
- She earned her J.D., cum laude, from Widener University School of Law in 1990, a Certificate in Estate Planning from Villanova University School of Law in 2003, and her LL.M. in Taxation from Villanova University School of Law in 2004.
- Licensed to practice in PA and NJ, Susan enjoys a small, private practice limited to real estate and estates.
R. Cameron Billmyer
- Cam has enjoyed a distinguished career as a lawyer, specializing in commercial litigation, corporate law transactional work, due diligence and financial analysis. Also, for the past two decades, he has been an Adjunct Paralegal instructor at Villanova University.
- Prior to establishing his own practice. he specialized in FELA litigation in Federal District Courts throughout the Eastern and Midwestern United States and commercial defense work for the insurance industry in Pennsylvania.
- Cam received a BA from Wesleyan University, a M.Ed. from Temple University and a J.D. from the Delaware Law School of Widener University.
Jonathan D. Schiffman
- Jonathan has over thirty years experience in legal education and teaches Legal Research & Writing, Criminal Law and Torts in the Villanova University Paralegal Program. He is also a long time advisory board member of the Villanova Paralegal Program.
- Jonathan has previously taught in the paralegal programs at Penn State University and the Philadelphia Institute and has also served as an adjunct instructor in the undergraduate school at Penn State University where he has taught Business Law and Criminal Justice. He is the author of Fundamentals of the Criminal Justice Process, West Publishing Company.
- Jonathan is the managing partner of Schiffman & Ross, P.C. a boutique Philadelphia law firm where he represents plaintiff’s and defendant’s in the state and federal courts. His clients include individuals, large corporations, religious institutions and small businesses. He previously served as a senior assistant district attorney in Philadelphia where he worked under District Attorney Edward G. Rendell. He is also the former general counsel and corporate secretary of Royal Bank America. Jonathan is a member of the bars of the Supreme Court of the United States, United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
- He received his J.D. from Howard University School of Law and his B.A. from Wilkes University. He also holds a certificate in linguistics from the University of Paris (Sorbonn)
- Peter is an attorney in the law firm of Markowitz and Richman, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. His practice focuses primarily on civil rights and labor and employment law, where he litigates claims such as employment discrimination, breach of contract, and wage-hour disputes. In addition, he also handles cases involving defamation, family law, motor-vehicle law, consumer rights and minor criminal matters
- Prior to coming to Markowitz and Richman, Peter was a law clerk for the Honorable Peter Paul Olszewski of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania (Pennsylvania’s appellate court of general jurisdiction
- He is a member of various bar associations and legal societies, including the Jagiellonian Law Society, the National Employment Lawyers Association, and the Pennsylvania Bar Association, where he was a co-chair of the Committee on Civil and Equal Rights.
- Peter earned his B.A. from Rutgers College, an M.A. from Temple University. He is a cum laude graduate of St. John’s University School of Law, where he was a St Thomas More scholar and a member of the New York International Law Review.
Back to Top
- Bill has been the Senior Global Program Manager at Hewlett-Packard since Janurary 2008.
- As such, he acts as a liaison between Finance and Business leaders, by providing additional analysis and support to the outsourcing business, engaging with the accounts and developing and implementing health improvements to meet goals. Bill also works with functions, regions and accounts to implement health monitoring, develops the process and reporting to measure the health for the Top Outsourcing Strategic Accounts, and established and manages the WW Strategic Account PMO.
- At Hewlett-Packard since 1975, his works and specific responsibilities and contributions hav all all been aimed at positive impact on customers, employees and stockholders.
- Bill has been PMP certified since 1993 and served as the PMI-Delaware Valley Chapter President in 1998 and 1999.
- Pete is a co-founder and partner of Business Technolgy Solutions, LLC in Blue Bell, PA.
- He has deep experience in start-up, entrepreneurail evironments, turnarounds, education and Fortune 100 companies which develop leading-edge software systems, advanced technolgy solutions and professional services for diverse industry channels.
- His three specific areas of specialization are business processes, strategic imllementation and measurement of success.
- Pete has a Ph.D. in Business Administration from Temple Unviersity as well as a M.S. in Computer Science from Rochester Institute of Technology in addition to his PMP certification.
Jay D. Gassaway
- Jay is a Project Professional with extensive experience in planning, project office development, project management and training. His company, Project Achievement, LLC, focuses on independent consulting in project management processes. Jay’s particular strengths include effective communication, interpersonal skills, as well as project risk management and long-ranged planning.
- As engineer he was charged with the development and implementation of the design change management process for Hope Creek Nuclear Generating station. He managed the process for capital project initiation and approval. His responsibilities also included those of Project Control Engineer, Chemical cleaning and filed pressure test sponsor.
- Jay is currently an adjunct instructor in Project Management at the levels of Foundations, Certification Exam Preparation and Master’s Certificate at Villanova University and other area institutions. He has also instructed at all three levels internationally in Beijing, China. The domestic Masters Certificate courses include Risk Management and Managing Multiple Projects. Additionally, he instructs internet-based classes in PMP and CAPM Certification Exam Preparation and Mastering Project Management through Villanova’s online project management programs.
- Jay earned his B.S.in Mechanical Engineering from the Stevens Institute of Technology, his M.B.A. from Rutgers University and his Master’s Certificate in Project Management from Villanova University. He is a certified PMP as well as a PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP).
- Jay has been an active member of the Project Management Institute, Delaware Valley Chapter where he served as 2007 Director at Large, 2006 Chapter President, and 2002-2004 Chapter Vice President of Education and member of the Executive Board.
- He is also a member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Ed is the President and Founder of two Consulting Companies: IntegrationMax, Inc. and eFFiciencies, Inc.
- He is a multi-tasking Project Manager Consultant who combines a solid background in accounting, finance, information systems, business operations, and project management. Ed employs excellent interpersonal and communication skills which have been developed from the experience of leading and supporting diversified project teams. He is also a contributing author to the book and training course entitled "The E-Business Project Manager."
- Ed is a Six Sigma instructor and senior consultant who has developed and implemented significant process and quality improvements that have saved clients millions of dollars. He is experienced across various business segments: aerospace, IT, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, government, education, banking, and others.
- He is a professional project management trainer of Project Management Institute (PMI) based material relating to PMI’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) which he teaches under the auspices of PMI’s Delaware Valley Chapter and through Villanova University’s division of Continuing Studies.
- Additionally, Ed has served as adjunct Professor at the Penn State University School of Graduate Professional Studies (MBA Program) since 2005. He is also an adjunct Professor at Temple University Fox School of Business Graduate School (Executive MBA Program). Ed has developed the Project Management Six Sigma corporate programs for the Penn State University (Great Valley Campus) School of Continuing Education.
- He has supported diversified clients including the NASA, The Homeland Security Agency, Charter One Bank, General Electric Company (GE), Lockheed Martin Corporation, CSL Behring, MEDecision, Inc., and others
- Ed completed his B.S. in Accounting from Indiana University (PA), his M.B.A. from Pennsylvania State University and his certificatioin in Client/Server Technology from Pennsylvania State University, Great Valley Campus.
Robert J. Durney
- Bob has more than 30 years of experience in project management, education, R&D and plant operations.
- He gained first-hand experience designing various processes and training personnel for Atlantic Richfield Company. He has planned, budgeted and administered capital projects. As Project Manager with Day & Zimmermann, Inc., Bob undertook assignments on behalf of numerous domestic and international clients. He also had responsibility for recruiting and training programs. As Project Engineer with Skanska USA, Inc., he coordinated mechanical and electrical crafts in facilities construction and equipment commissioning. Bob was also responsible for developing and conducting training program for Owner’s personnel.
- Bob is a tenured Associate Professor at Chestnut Hill College (Business) and has also taught at Immaculata, Delaware Valley College and University of Phoenix.
- He earned his B.E. in Chemical Engineering and his M.E. at Villanova University. plus an M.B.A. at Temple University. Bob is also a certified PMP.
Back to Top
Art Hudson, CPIM, CSCP
- Art is currently the President and co-owner of Rapid Circuits, a circuit board manufacturing company addressing the prototype and preproduction requirements of their customer base.
- Throughout his career, Art has managed small and large-scale manufacturing and service operations. Learning to compete in a world economy, Art has dedicated his efforts to Process Excellence, Business Process Improvement and work class response to customer needs. He addressed these challenges by establishing quality initiatives, strategic and operational plans, handling organization change, improving productivity, and containing cost for companies that include Mobil Oil Corporation and Tyco Electronics.
- Art earned an engineering degree from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point and a MBA from New York University.
Lee Zimmerman, CFPIM, CIRM, CSCP
- Lee Zimmerman is currently in career transition. She has most recently held the position of NORAM Material and Logistics Manager for Gemalto, a global supplier of smart and bank cards for financial services and identification systems, where she was responsible for the company's material planning, production scheduling, and traffic functions. She has previously held the position of Director of Quality and Engineering for Rutt handcrafted Cabinetry. Lee has over 20 years of progressive experience in several mid-sized companies in the Philadelphia area. Throughout her career, she has worked in a variety of functions within operations management including: quality, engineering, purchasing, production control, shop supervision, warehousing and MRP installation.
- Lee has an M.B.A. from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in Operations Management, and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Case Western Reserve in Statistics. She currently holds certifications in CFPIM, CIRM, and was one of the first APICS members to become a CSCP.
- An active board member and volunteer of the Philadelphia Area Network of APICS since 1985, Lee has held the position of President four times. She has also been involved in teaching their Manufacturing Fundamentals and CPIM courses.
Back to Top
Jeremy Kuhre, LEED AP BD+C
- Jeremy is the Sustainable Buildings and Operations Manager for Sustainable Solutions Corporation (SSC) and has wide experience with high-performance design, sustainable operations, energy benchmarking and disclosure, and LEED building certification.
- During Jeremy's time with SSC, he has been the LEED Administrator for 18 projects including NC, CI, EB:O&M, and Homes projects. He has also overseen the benchmarking of dozens of ENERGY STAR building certifications for various real estate portfolios. Between 2009 and 2012, the mean energy use for these properties has been reduced by 8.5%, saving hundreds of thousands of dollars for SSC clients.
- Jeremy also oversees the Building Performance Improvement Program—a program which addresses the needs of large property owners/managers in the areas of building performance and sustainability. The intent of this program is to standardize and simplify building performance throughout a property owner’s portfolio in order to deliver bottom line results.
- Jeremy graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management from Brigham Young University. During his time at BYU, he played a central role in the development and administration of the Building Information Modeling/Green Building course. In the 2009 Associated Schools of Construction LEED Competition, Jeremy’s team took second place nationally.
- Jeremy has been a LEED Accredited Professional since 2008. Jeremy has also been an instructor at Villanova University since 2011 for the IFMA Sustainability Facility Professional Course—an assessment-based certificate program delivering a specialty credential in sustainability.
Tad Radzinski, P.E., LEED AP
- Tad is co-founder and president of Sustainable Solutions Corporation and has over 27 years of diversified experience in green building design, corporate sustainability and sustainable product design and development.
- He is a recognized leader in the field and teaches and speaks extensively on his industry experience. Tad assisted Villanova in the development of a Master of Science Degree in Sustainable Engineering and developed graduate classes in Principles of Sustainable Development and Sustainable Manufacturing. He teaches at Villanova University, as well as other local colleges. Tad served as the Waste Minimization Program National Expert for the Environmental Protection Agency from 1997-2007.
- He has a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Drexel University and an M.S. in Water Resources and Environmental Engineering from Villanova University. He is a registered professional engineer in the state of Pennsylvania and a LEED Accredited Professional.
Back to Top
THE PAYTRAIN® COLLEGE & UNIVERSITY PROGRAM
Kirk Simmet, CPP
- Enjoying over 25 years as a payroll practitioner, Kirk Simmet is the Payroll Manager for Villanova University.
- He has been a national member of the American Payroll Association since 1986 and a local chapter member since 1993.
- He has held the distinction of Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) since first taking the exam in 1993. Over the years he has served the local chapter by facilitating CPP Study Groups.
- Kirk began his career with Villanova right in the middle of a full conversion to an outsourced payroll provider and again in 1996, he was a critical player during the conversion to their current in-house payroll system.
- Kirk earned a BS in Finance from Drexel University and is currently serving as President of the Southeastern PA Chapter of the American Payroll Association.
Back to Top