Providing outstanding language and cultural enrichment services through a comprehensive program of classroom and individual instruction.
Our program was established to assist persons for whom English is a second language. The goals of the program are to increase English language fluency and individual confidence in listening, speaking and writing. We seek to provide the highest quality and broadest range of English instruction as well as counseling and cultural information pertinent to the students' understanding of and adjustment to life in the U.S. We provide an atmosphere conducive to learning; we also facilitate the progress of students towards achievement of their individual goals and development of their latent potential.
Understanding English Grammar
(no classes on March 4 and April 15, 2014)
Main Campus - Connelly Center
International Student Office
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
ESL Business Communication and ESL Advanced Pronunciation are also available on request. All of our ESL courses can be arranged at individual work sites. Please contact us at 610-519-4310 for more information
Program Goals: Who Should Attend: Our program strives to:
- develop and maintain confidence in the English language
- prepare the ESL student to study in an academic setting where American English is the language of communication
- provide the ESL student with an orientation to the cultural and social environment of the U.S.A.
- enrich the Business English skills of the non-native speaker
Persons interested in improving:
- English language fluency in a range of situations from informal conversations to formal lectures and presentations
- communication skills in daily life with English speakers in work and school settings
- academic and professional writing
- job and academic potential through increased confidence in their listening, speaking and writing
How You Can Benefit:
Upon completion, you will:
- Gain a better understanding of the English language
- Reduce communication problems with co-workers or in daily interactions
- Increase presentation and/or speaking skills
- Master English grammar
- Increase vocabulary skills
The program is taught by Debra K. Kwiterovich-Hoover, a specialist in English as a Second Language education with a Master's Degree in teaching ESL from West Chester University. Ms. Kwiterovich-Hoover has been with Villanova University, International Student Office since 1990, and among her many duties she is committed to educating non-native speakers in a sensitive and competent manner.
The tuition for this course is $450.00. Please note that there is an additional $25 parking fee that will be assessed prior to the course start.
Let us know if you are interested in evening or weekend hours for this Busness Communication class in the fall. Please also be sure to contact us if you are interested in ESL Advanced Pronunciation or ESL Grammar classes. All of our ESL courses can be arranged at individual work sites.
Please contact us at 610-519-4310 for more information.
Back to top