The organization of the two-part exam more closely aligns with the knowledge, skills and abilities that an accountant or financial professional in business uses on the job today – financial planning, analysis, control, and decision support. These skills are critical to the success of finance teams. The CMA exam updates will allow an employer to more readily understand the applicability of the CMA to a corporate career path and allow the candidate to more efficiently demonstrate the skills evidenced by the CMA. The goal of the CMA program is to ensure that the CMA remains the most appropriate designation in the world for accountants and financial professionals working in business.
For details and answers to your questions pertaining to the new testing format please visit www.imanet.org or call IMA Customer Service at 1.800.638.4427.
|CMA Part 2: Financial Decision Making
Financial Statement Analysis
Decision Analysis and Risk Management
March 5 through May 21, 2014
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
|CMA Part 1: Financial Planning, Performance and Control
Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
Offered in Fall 2014
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
Globalization and standardization, combined with more stringent financial reporting requirements, have resulted in a dramatic change in the practice, rules, regulations, ethics, and execution of managerial accounting and financial strategy in all areas of an organization. Over the past several years, the role of management accountants and financial managers has evolved significantly. Today’s managerial finance and accounting professionals are internal consultants and business analysts. They work on cross-functional teams and are involved in strategic decisions. They are active business partners.
The IMA’s Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Certification Program addresses the needs of managerial finance and accounting professionals as they meet the challenges of the new corporate accounting environment. The IMA has recently updated the CMA Program’s “body of knowledge” to reflect the variety of relevant business skills and abilities— including analyzing, managing, and evaluating business solutions—that professionals must possess to effectively contribute to the strategic success of an organization today.
This course qualifies for a Villanova University Certificate of Completion and 3.0 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) for Part 1 and 3.6 CEU's for Part 2.
By achieving the IMA's CMA designation:
You will be able to:
- Join an elite group of professionals who have advanced beyond the practical accounting skill set into operations-focused strategists and decision makers who deploy evaluation, critical thinking, and judgment to help their corporations succeed.
- Confirm your broad business competency and mastery of management-level skills required to maximize value and build quality financial practices into your organization.
- Despite the economic crisis, IMA’s 20th Annual Salary Survey indicates that professionals holding IMA’s CMA certification have greater earning power – 24% higher in salary and 31% higher in total compensation – than their noncertified colleagues. (Source: Strategic Finance magazine, June 2009)
Who Can Benefit from the CMA Learning System?
- Candidates preparing for the Certified Management Accountant Exams.
- Professionals identifying, measuring, analyzing, and interpreting financial information.
- Managerial finance and accounting professionals involved in strategic, tactical, and operating decisions with their organization’s financial management process.
- Accounting staff members preparing financial reports for shareholders, creditors, regulatory agencies, and tax authorities.
- CPAs and internal auditors interested in moving into corporate accounting roles.
- Academics seeking updated course and reference materials.
- Students interested in business analysis, management accounting and reporting, strategic management, and business applications.
- All those who wish to enhance their skill set and position themselves for advancement in the fields of accounting, finance, or business management.
- CPA or other certified professionals in Pennsylvania seeking continuing education credits earn 30 CPEs for Part 1 and 36 CPE's for Part 2.
- Qualified instructors reinforce key points and keep you on track for success.
- A peer network is developed while you learn in a group environment.
- CMA Learning System (CMALS) Version 3.0, a comprehensive program including text books, online practice tests, and resources directly aligned to the body of knowledge of the new CMA exam.
- The text books have over 1,000 pages and include a thorough review of critical concepts and calculations, knowledge check questions/answers, 175+ complex questions/answers, 39 sample essay questions/answers, tips on exam preparation, and an extensive reference bibliography. Tips are provided on how to prepare for the essay portions of the exams, including sample responses and an explanation of the essay grading scorecard.
- The online practice tests include 1,400+ multiple choice questions with explanations designed to help study an exam section or to emulate a full-part exam, a gradebook to track progress on the practice tests and additional resources, including ICMA’s Exam Content Specifications and Learning Outcome Statements (LOS). The online system is available 24/7, providing flexibility and convenience to study at your own pace and schedule.
$1,299. Price includes all course material.