AFP Learning System: Treasury, Instructor-Led Course
If you have been looking to broaden your knowledge and skills in the field of corporate treasury management in an effort to further your career, help your company, or prepare for the Certified Treasury Professional Exam (CTP ) exam, the AFP Learning System: Treasury course at Villanova University is ideal for you.
Course Fees & Schedule
$1,550 – Association for Financial Professional (AFP) or Philadelphia Association for Financial Professional (PAFP) Member
$1,650 – Non-Member
May be eligible for Employer Education Reimbursement Benefits (check with your HR Department).
Course fee includes:
- AFP Learning System Participant Guide.
- Access to Web-based testing components with over 400 test questions and real-life interactive applications.
- A glossary of terms to make it easier to review key terms.
- AFP membership information.
- The Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) Candidate Information Bulletin with exam application.
- AFP Products Catalog.
|Fall 2015 Dates
|Dates: September 10 through December 10, 2015
6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
About The AFP Learning System Treasury Course
The AFP Learning System: Treasury course at Villanova University is a professional development program and a Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) exam preparation program. This program is based on the newly introduced CTP body of knowledge, to accurately reflect the redefined responsibilities of treasury professionals. It was developed by a team of subject matter experts on corporate treasury management.
This program is offered in cooperation with the Association of Financial Professionals (AFP) and the Philadelphia Association for Finance Professionals. It is a blended format of printed workbooks and web-based learning software that is based on the complete text of Essentials of Treasury Management, Fourth Edition – the official body of knowledge tested on the new CTP exam. The classroom environment allows for interaction between your peers and the instructor, and also provides a structure to keep you on track to meet your goals.
- The 4.0 Learning System version includes printed books, online software access, a Participant Guide and online access to download the e-book version of the print materials onto an iPad, Nook or Kindle.
- Five modules based on the new body of knowledge divided into seven easy-to-handle workbooks
- More then 450 end-of-module questions and answers
- More than 750 “Describe and Differentiate” exercises
Web-Based Testing Components:
- More than 900 online questions in the format found on the actual CTP exam
- Pre-test to gauge current knowledge
- Module-specific tests with automatic feedback
- Calculations to practice the nearly 70 different formulas found in the body of knowledge
- Flashcards featuring key definitions and formulas
- Comprehensive post-tests
- Progress reports
- Test timing feature
- Final review practice tests with 500+ questions
- Online resource center featuring test-taking tips, printable flashcards, additional resources and more
Program Structure and Content
Course Learning Objectives:
- Maintain optimal cash positioning.
- Employ working capital strategies and tools.
- Utilize various types of payment systems and Internet technologies.
- Monitor and control corporate exposure to financial and operational risks.
- Determine proper capital structure.
- Manage cross-border funds movement.
- Coordinate financial functions and sharing of financial information - Delineate appropriate ethical behaviors.
- Recognize corporate governance issues.
- Delineate appropriate ethical behaviors.
- Build relationships with financial services providers.
Who should take this course:
- Treasury professionals
- Bankers and other financial services providers developing and implementing products and services for use by corporate finance organizations.
- Technical and administrative staff supporting finance functions.
- Students with an interest in finance and business related fields.
Web access and basic understanding of financial accounting required of all participants.
- Module One: Introduction to Treasury Management
- Module Two: Treasury Management Environment
- Module Three: Working Capital Management
- Module Four: Risk Management
- Module Five: Financial Management
- Engage in classroom discussion and learn at home using the web-based materials.
- Tuition reimbursement - check with your employer.
- Convenient evening hours.
- CTP exam prep and recertification credits.
- Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Completion from Villanova University, along with 3.6 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) for the 36 hour course.
*Association of Financial Professionals is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Information regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. Web site:www.nasba.org
Certified Treasury Professional Certification Exam:
The 2015-2016 CTP examination testing window and deadlines: