get started with linkedin
terrific easy to implement guides to getting your linked in profile in the most awesome shape ever. you need to be operating in this space, so learn how here.
linkedin videos to get up and running (this is a great tool)
dowloadable pdf : how to build a great student linkedin profile
downloadable pdf: how to network on linkedin
**new**linked in alumni mentoring group
there is a fantastic (and we mean fantastic) networking and mentoring resource on linkedin. join by going to linkedin.com, then:
1. create or update your profile (we know you have an up-to-date profile by now)
2. join the ‘official villanova university alumni association network’ group (click here) open to all current students and alumni
3. join the ‘vu alumni and student mentoring’ subgroup (click here)
4. connect with alumni who signed up to help you out and hook you up in your career discovery process.
if you don’t take advantage of this terrific resource, you are a crazy person. really.
the clay center
your go-to spot for all marketing happenings. get there.
career services network
weekly emails from the undergraduate career center about who is looking to hire, and how you can rock it when interviewing. lots of seminars, interviews with a pro to practice, gonova workshops, it's all there. you should be too. www.unit.villanova.edu/newswire
industry specific job search sites
- http://openadvertising.aaaa.org: short video profiles of different jobs in advertising. this site rocks. check it out.
- www.talentzoo.com: advertising jobs and internships
- http://jobs.adagetalentworks.com/: advertising jobs and internships
- www.stylecareers.com: jobs and internships in the fashion industry
- www.prweekjobs.com: jobs and internships in pr
- www.teamworkonline.com: jobs in sports, free access
- www.workinsports.com: jobs and internships in sports marketing and management (must pay for access to the actual jobs)
- www.philaculture.org: philadelphia jobs and internships in the cultural arts (museums, galleries, events venues, etc.)
- www.nyfa.org/jobs: new york jobs and internships in the cultural arts
- www.directworks.org: clearinghouse for resources about direct email marketing, social media, digital marketing.
post your resume, look for jobs, get a job. enough said. log-in is to the right, at your fingertips.
log in: look in the right column. yes, it's right there. really.
or copy this link: http://villanova.experience.com/experience/login
career services website
The central clearninghouse for all things career: careers.villanova.edu
research what you want to do, and where you want to do it. two great resources are linked directly below to get you started. click here for the full list of resources.
career insider, powered by vault
iIndustry and career guides, employer profiles, a day in the life, and more. this is an AWESOME site, and as you know, we never use caps, so it must be good. click here.
a terrific new resource that shows you clips of VU alums talking about what they do in their daily lives. go to 'channels', then 'sales and marketing' to see the good stuff. click here
need the skinny on how to get the dream job? then this is the place. we LOVE this link (there's the caps again). click here.
find a job
career shift, goNOVAJobs, career rookie and more. direct link to career shift, below (just for fun).
amazing resource to search all publicly posted jobs on the web. search for jobs and save your searches, find and save a list of contacts, create resumes and cover letters, and put them together in a targeted e-mail or postal mail campaigns. http://villanova.careershift.com/
connect with alums: novanetwork
connect with an alum in your field who has volunteered to mentor a student. what could be better? non-seniors, talk with your clay center advisors for assistance. seniors, clay center can provide you with your login and password.
nail the interview
not sure how to knock 'em out with your mad interview skills? learn how by clicking here.
area employers by industry