Experiential education is an integral part of the VSB curriculum. Every undergraduate student is encouraged to participate in externship/leadership programs and complete at least one business internship or CoOp experience as a means of gaining real-world experience and applying knowledge gained in the classroom.
Participation in Externship/Leadership Programs, part-time or full-time internships and CoOp experiences provides students with valuable opportunities to:
- Make the connection between business theory and practice
- Gain insights into career interests and “test the waters” before committing to a specific career path or profession
- Explore what it is really like to work in a particular industry or organization on a daily basis
- Develop a competitive edge by having proven business experience to offer future employers
- Earn a full-time job offer with an internship employer, as many organizations utilize their internship programs as a pipeline for entry-level hires
The Clay Center and the O’Donnell Center for Professional Development provides assistance to students around a variety of experiential education opportunities. The Rise to the Top: Internships & CoOps Educational Series informs students of available opportunities, prepares them to actively participate in the internship search, and provides appropriate support along the way.
Handshake is Villanova’s go-to resource for jobs, internships, events, and more!
This mobile career management platform intuitively connects you to relevant opportunities based on your profile, interests and search activity. Through Handshake, you can apply for positions, explore companies and connections, and sign up for career fairs and workshops all in one place. Find out the full details on Handshake.