“The best part of being a tutor is helping other students in the community succeed in their studies. Being able to help other students is part of what it means to be a Villanovan.” – Samantha Testa ‘16
VSB Peer Tutors support the academic success of their undergraduate classmates by providing drop-in office hours and the option to schedule individual tutoring appointments throughout the semester. The role of the VSB Peer tutor is to facilitate the student’s independent learning process through a collaborative partnership that focuses on increased understanding of course content and exploration of successful strategies in approaching the material. The VSB Peer Tutor Program is open to all VSB undergraduate students.
Individual Tutoring Appointments — Below is a list of courses and their corresponding tutors. View their profile, see who had your professors, and find their contact information to reach out about setting up your first session!
When scheduling an appointment, please give all tutors at least 48 hours to respond.
VSB 2004 Financial Accounting
VSB 2008 Business Analytics
VSB 2009 Principles of Finance
VSB 3006 Principles of Managerial Accounting
ECO 1001 Introduction to Microeconomics
ECO 1002 Introduction to Macroeconomics
VSB 1000 Information Technology
- Office Hours only; Individual appointments not available
- “Getting Started” Sessions: Please visit the VSB 1000 course Blackboard page for more information about special group tutoring sessions to assist you in getting started with this online course. These will be held August 29 - September 10.
Office Hour Schedule — view the 2017-2018 VSB Peer Tutor Office Hour schedule. Office Hour tutoring is only available for: VSB 2004, VSB 2009, and VSB 1000.
Quick Tips for a Successful Tutoring Experience:
- Identify the specific content area for which you need assistance
- Work on the problems/assignments before the office hour or individual tutoring session
- Bring assignments, books, laptop and any other materials you will need
- Turn off your phone during the session
- Develop an action plan for goals to complete between tutoring sessions
For additional university academic support and resources, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Clay Center, Bartley 1054 at (610) 519-5532.
VSB Peer Tutors are student leaders with excellent academic records and are invested in helping their peers. These tutors are recruited through a selective application process and go through comprehensive, bi-annual training. Students who work with VSB Peer Tutors report improvement in their preparedness, comprehension and confidence as they approach their coursework.