Who should apply to the MACDA program?
If you are a college graduate (BS or BA) with an accounting major, you can enroll in the MACDA program without taking additional undergraduate courses. The program is designed to meet the needs of students seeking the 150 credit hours necessary to be eligible to earn your CPA license as well as those who are looking to launch or transition into a career in accounting.
What is an average student's profile?
- Average age of MAC students: 23 years
- Average GPA: 3.5
- Average work experience: 1 year
*The GMAT/GRE is optional for applicants, but may be requested by the admissions committee to strengthen an application. Significant emphasis is placed on prospective students' undergraduate Accounting grades.
Are there any prerequisites?
As part of our MAC evaluation process, we review candidate transcripts for the following pre-requisites to be completed prior to the start of classes:
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Intermediate Accounting II
- Federal Income Tax
The MACDA curriculum is interdisciplinary, integrating far more than just accounting. Courses include:
- Leadership, Negotiations, Professional Development
- Advanced Topics in Financial Disclosure & Fraud, ERP Systems & Data Analytics, Advanced Auditing Topics, Taxes & Business Strategy, Data Modeling & Business Intelligence, Risk Management & Performance Measurement, Valuation Issues in Accounting
- Various electives in areas such as analytics, finance, taxation, and more
The MACDA program at Villanova, while not designed to be a CPA review, does combine the necessary topics and accounting theories needed to successfully prepare for the exam.
Why the Villanova School of Business for your Master of Accounting in Data Analytics?
The Villanova School of Business offers a world-class business education that can be attained while pursuing your career goals. Our MACDA program combines the crucial elements of superior business education:
- A curriculum informed by global accounting firms and matched to future market demands in the field—combining core business practices, modern analytics technology and data sets, and a grounding in responsible leadership.
- Faculty members who are highly regarded as teachers, researchers, and scholars, with a wide range of professional experience. They teach in an adaptive learning environment where the focus is on helping students learn how to better themselves, their organizations, and their communities.
- Your fellow students, who will engage you with their intellect and passion for learning.
- A reputation of excellence in Public Accounting: the Villanova School of Business is nationally recognized in delivering highly prepared accounting students.
MACDA to MBA Option
To assist their transition into leadership roles, MACDA graduates may later apply for admission into the MBA Flex Track program and transfer twelve of their MACDA credits toward their MBA degree.