- Is the Flex Track program offered at the Center City Philadelphia location?
- Is The Villanova MBA Flex Track program accredited?
- How long will it take to complete the Flex Track program?
- What is the profile of the class most recently admitted?
- Are online classes available?
- How many credits do I need to complete to receive my MBA?
- Is it possible to transfer credits from another MBA program?
- Can any courses be waived?
- Are there specializations in the Flex Track program?
- How many courses are required for a specialization?
- Are all students required to select a specialization?
- Are there any requirements regarding the selection of electives?
- Is it possible to take Villanova School of Business MBA classes prior to being admitted to the program?
- When do classes meet?
- How long is each semester/session?
- When is the application deadline?
- Can I apply online?
- What must be provided to the Office of Graduate Business Programs for an application to be reviewed?
- What are the main criteria for admission?
- What is the cost of tuition?
- Are scholarships available?
No, only the Fast Track option is offered at the new location. (Please note: the Flex Track MBA program is also part-time, two nights per week, and the classes are held at night.)
Yes. All programs offered by the Villanova School of Business are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the professional accrediting body for business schools.
The typical length for completion is 3 to 5 years. The length of time to complete the program varies depending on the number of courses taken each semester and whether you take summer classes. A student who is employed full-time can take a maximum of two courses per semester and during the summer session. It is possible for a student who is employed fewer than 20 hours per week to attend full-time by taking 3 or 4 courses per semester and 2 courses during the summer session.
- Average age: 27 years
- Average GPA: 3.0 - 3.75
- Average GMAT: 560 - 710
- Average years work experience: 6 years
Each semester, a number of courses are offered in a partial distance learning format: 50% traditional classroom; 50% online. This combined format still allows for valuable classroom interaction, yet adds the scheduling flexibility desired by our students. In addition, a few elective courses also are offered online. Traditional face-to-face courses are always available.
Curriculum / Course Requirements
To fulfill the requirements of the new Flex Track MBA curriculum, candidates must complete 48 credits.
You may transfer up to 9 credits from another AACSB accredited MBA program to satisfy relevant requirements. Prior approval is necessary.
No, courses can't be waived based on undergraduate coursework.
Yes. You may specialize in Finance, Health Care Administration, International Business, MIS, Marketing, Real Estate, or Strategic Management.
7.5 credit hours of study are required for a specialization.
No, students may select electives from any business discipline and receive a general MBA.
Your curriculum requires you to take a total of 10 electives. Electives will be classified by specific subject areas which will be listed in the comments section of each course on Novasis.
- You are required to complete at least 4 elective courses that are multi-disciplinary (covering two or more subject areas).
- For those interested in a specific concentration, 5 courses will need to be taken in the respective area. Courses covering multiple subject areas can be double counted toward separate concentrations.
Is it possible to take Villanova School of Business MBA classes prior to being admitted to the program?
No, you must be accepted to the program in order to take any classes in the program.
Classes meet once a week, Monday to Thursday, usually from 6 to 8:45 p.m. (fall and spring). Summer classes meet from 6 to 9 p.m. There are occasional Saturday classes that meet from 9 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. (over 11 weeks).
Fall and spring semesters meet for 15 weeks each and the summer session meets for 9 weeks.
The application deadline for fall admission is June 30; the deadline for spring admission is November 15. All application documents must be received by the deadline. Applicants interested in enrolling in the summer session must submit credentials by March 31.
What must be provided to the Office of Graduate Business Programs for an application to be reviewed?
The following must be received by the application deadline: application form and essays; application fee ($50); official transcripts from each institution attended; GMAT score report; TOEFL (for international students); and recommendations.
The main criteria for admission include: undergraduate GPA; GMAT score; work experience; TOEFL (for international students); essays; and recommendations.
Fees and Financial Aid
For the 2013-2014 academic year tuition is $855 per credit. A $30 general fee is charged each semester.
Information regarding financial assistance available to graduate students may be obtained from the Villanova University Office of Financial Assistance.