What is the MBA Student Association?
The MBA Student Association (MBA SA) is a student-run organization dedicated to improving the overall experience of Villanova graduate business students through coordinated events that focus on community building, professional development, and networking. To accomplish our mission, we leverage the strengths and backgrounds of our diverse student body to deliver content that adds value to each Villanova graduate business student’s experience and benefits the University and surrounding community. The MBA SA is a community of students that creates a pipeline to our alumni association.
Leadership Team Composition
The MBA SA is comprised of the following committees:
- Professional Development: Organizes opportunities and partners across campus for improving skills such as leadership, public speaking, and management through events, webinars, and discussion panels.
- Student Engagement: Hosts & promotes events that offer networking opportunities for current graduate business students and alumni of the program.
- Philanthropy: Works to improve Villanova and its surrounding communities through fundraising and volunteering in local charitable events, and also sponsoring social activities for the Villanova MBA Community. Past sponsorships include: Special Olympics, Greater Philadelphia Cares and the CHOP Safe Kids Coalition.
- Alumni Relations: Collaborates with our Villanova MBA Alumni Association to coordinate events for networking and community building.
- Communications: Shares and brands the MBA SA so the current graduate business students are informed of opportunities and events.
Most students get involved with our organization by joining the student association in their first year. As students demonstrate active involvement and leadership, they will be considered for chairing committees.
2017-2018 MBA SA Board Members:
- President: Connor Unger
- Vice President, Student Engagement Chair: Rashaad Robinson
- Professional Development Chair: Elizabeth Parker
- Philanthropy Chair: Martae Giometti
- Alumni Relations Co-Chairs: Tracy Kilcoyne, Nha Truong ‘17 MBA
- Communications Chair: Courtney Heple
We are currently recruiting members! To get involved in the MBA SA, contact Bob Mainello at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently recruiting members to join our committees! Leaders on the MBA SA are granted exclusive invitations to Villanova events and granted opportunities to enhance your professional development. To get involved in the MBA SA, please contact Christine Etheridge, Associate Director of Alumni Engagement at email@example.com.
MBA SA Events
The MBA SA sponsors multiple events throughout the year designed to foster interaction between all graduate business students at VSB. Examples of these events are:
- Happy Hours
- Women in Business Conferences
- Villanova Basketball Game Watches
- Villanova Day of Service
- Villanova Homecoming
- Villanova Special Olympics