The MAC Professional Development Program (PDP) is designed to prepare students for a career in accounting. MAC students attend a CPA exam seminar, panel discussions with industry experts and recent college graduates, alumni events, and workshops to enhance their resume-writing and networking skills.
The PDP is a required element for all MAC students. Successful completion of the program requires attendance at all sessions. A final version of the PDP schedule will be distributed to students at orientation.
A Sample PDP Schedule
- Day in the Life: Rookie Accounting Professionals Panel: A dedicated panel of recent graduates from the Big Four and regional accounting firms share tips to successfully navigate the job search process and handle workplace demands.
- Resume Workshop: Whether employed or seeking employment, this workshop helps students understand the importance of a well-written resume and how to use your resume to network.
- CPA Exam: Discusses the prerequisites for the CPA exam and offers insider tips to prepare for the exam from a leading CPA review firm.
- Networking Skills Workshop: This interactive networking workshop covers the basics of making professional connections, proper networking etiquette, and the value of joining professional associations.
- Philadelphia MAC Alumni Networking Event: Connect with MAC alumni in the Philadelphia metropolitan region to gain firsthand knowledge on how our alumni successfully leveraged their MAC degrees in their professional careers.