A strong history… a bright future
The Villanova School of Business was founded in 1922 by Father Joseph C. Bartley, a former dean. Villanova is the only university in the world founded by the Roman Catholic Order of Saint Augustine, and Augustinian values of truth, community, caring, and leading through service are infused throughout the University. The School of Business is known for creativity and innovation; hands-on and service learning opportunities; an outstanding liberal arts foundation; a firm grounding in ethics; and an applied education that prepares students to become outstanding leaders and global citizens within the ever-changing, complex, and fast-paced world of business.
In 2002, Bartley Hall underwent a complete renovation, adding 65,000 square feet and a state-of-the-art Applied Finance Lab, making it a more user-friendly and technologically advanced facility to benefit our students, faculty, and staff. In addition to serving as a home base for faculty and administration offices, Bartley Hall includes 33 classrooms, 6 lecture halls, and a 130-seat auditorium.
The school has increased its intellectual capacity as well, adding nearly 100 full-time faculty members and six Centers of Excellence, which produce cutting-edge academic research and experiential learning opportunities for students.