What we are looking for in a perspective Student Facilitator:
- Understanding of and commitment to the integration of, service academics and community.
- Adequate knowledge of the program.
- Leadership: This student will be a positive role model for sophomores in the program will be supportive of fellow team members and has a realistic view of their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Commitment to SLC: This student believes that SLC can be an important part of the lives of sophomores.
- Ability to manage the time commitment.
- Recommendation from facilitator indicates a positive role in fourth hour.
- Student Facilitator Co-Chair (Responsibility shared by 2 co-chairs & overseen by a GA)
- Student Facilitator Meetings (approx. 4 a semester)
- Prepare agenda and compose minutes for each meeting
- Training and education
- Oversee CAP mentorship (Spring Semester)
- Present feedback from 4th Hour Evaluations and Instructors
- Present student facilitator feedback at co-chair meetings
- Collect student facilitator schedules for spring 4th hours (Fall Semester)
- Communication/SCOOP (1 co-chair overseen by a GA)
- Weekly newsletter
- Community events
- Outside lectures
- Updates from 4th Hour Council
- Advertise service sign ups, CAP meeting, etc.
- Special Events (Responsibility shared by 2 co-chairs & overseen by a GA)
- Take attendance at all community events
- New Sophomore Orientation (Fall Semester)
- Partnership Dinner (Fall Semester)
- Celebration Dinner (Spring Semester)
- Partnership Day (Spring Semester)
- Welcome Day/ Freshman BBQ (Spring Semester)
- Organize 1 mandatory event per semester
- 4th Hour Council (1 co-chair overseen by a GA)
- Hold bi-weekly meeting (1 sophomore representative per 4th Hour)
- Create agenda and circulate meeting minutes to other co-chairs
- Recruit new leadership through 4th Hour
- Share and generate information with and from 4 hours
- Organize community events o Decorate the bulletin board
- Assist with Partnership Dinner (Fall Semester) and Partnership Day (Spring Semester)
- Solicit feedback from sophomores
SLC Leadership Co-Chair
Co-Chairs are junior or senior SLC alums. Co-chairs assist in the orchestration of all SLC community events, committees, orientations, and training session. They are a link of communication between the SLC office and SLC community. All co-chairs must participate in a weekly meeting (approx. 1 hour), service (3 hours), and head or co-head a sub-committee.
What we are looking for in a perspective Co-Chair:
- All aspects stated in the perspective student facilitator section.
- Student posses organization and leadership skills to plan programs for the community.
- A passion for SLC, will be a positive advocate for the community.
- Service Co-Chair (Responsibility shared by 2 co-chairs & overseen by a GA)
- Service attendance, organize accountability procedures for students
- Driver Training Meeting
- Service Orientation (Fall Semester)
- CAP Orientation (Spring Semester)
- Meet Partner Liaisons (2 -3 times a semester)
- Create service reflection activities for van time
- Work with secretary to orchestrate service sign ups each semester