With more than 130 law schools to choose from, how will law school hopefuls successfully determine which law schools fit their needs and their interests?
Determining Reasons to Attend Specific Law Schools
While first year law school curriculum remains generally the same across law schools, the atmosphere, the specialties, and the opportunities differ across law campuses. Choosing the appropriate law school depends upon many individual factors, not just the law school’s ranking in US News & World Report. It means choosing the right law school program for your interests and goals.
As you are choosing law schools to apply to and then selecting the specific law school you want to attend, you should consider and weigh the following factors:
- Geographical Considerations
- Your Job Search
- Areas of Specialization, Clinical Programs, and Externships
- School’s Reputation
- Part-Time vs. Full-Time Programs
- Joint Degree Programs
- School’s Size & the Student Body
- Placement Statistics, Bar Passage Rates, and Career Services Office Resources
- Cost of Tuition, Finances, & Financial Aid
- Library and Facilities
- Student Organizations & Extracurricular Activities
- Your Impression of the School