Attend an Internship workshop. Check the list of Workshops and register for a Workshop that works for you.
- Find out how to research and apply for internships.
- Set up your account on GoNOVAJobs, Villanova’s online recruiting system.
- Review other internship search resources here.
Research opportunities and industries through the following resources:
- Opportunities listed on GoNOVAJobs.
- The Featured Internship of the Week on the OUS Blog and OUS Facebook page.
- Explore websites of specific employers.
- Research your network, including family, faculty, friends, and alumni.
- Professional organizations and associations.
- Conduct informational interviews. Explore the Nova Network.
- Utilize Social Media websites such as LinkedIn.
- Wetfeet and The Vault resources on the Career Center’s website and the O*Net website.
- VIP Mentors Internship Panel Events. See the Calendar of Events for information.
- For further information on applying for internships and for a list of workshops, visit the Career Center.
Prepare your Resume and Cover Letter.
- Attend the Resume Writing workshop available through the Career Center, Garey Hall.
- Review resume examples and construct your resume.
- Schedule an appointment with a Career Counselor in the Career Center, Garey Hall.
- Upload your resume to GoNOVAJobs.
- Develop targeted cover letters to market your skills.
- Attend the Cover Letter Workshop. See the Workshops section to the right for upcoming workshop dates.
- Meet with the Director of Internships to discuss your resume and cover letter.
Prepare for your Interview.
- Utilize the resources available through the Career Center to prepare for your interview.
- Send a thank you note and email to all professionals you interview with.
Decide which Internship to accept and apply for credit.
- File the LAS internship application form, along with a copy of the job description, your resume, and essay. See the General Policies page for additional information.
- The Internship Program will handle registration for the appropriate internship course.
- Send out acceptance and decline letters to employers as appropriate.
Please direct questions about Internships to
Office for Undergraduate Students
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
SAC, Room 107