The Internship Program provides you with opportunities to explore careers, acquire professional experience, and prepare for post-graduate employment. Through the Program, you can earn credit through your major, concentration, or minor for relevant work experience, or you can earn elective credit for work experience unrelated to your primary coursework.
Some of the benefits of completing an internship include the following:
- Developing professional writing and presenting skills
- Gaining an understanding of the industry's standards and challenges
- Determining the elements of the organization's culture and your fit within it
- Networking, building relationships, and developing professional contacts
- Prioritizing time and responsibilities and managing projects
- Testing aspirations and goals in the workplace
- Setting new aspirations and goals based on your internship experience
Have Questions about Internships?
Stop by SAC 107 to meet with the Internship Program Director.
Office Hours: Monday & Wednesday, 2:00pm-3:00pm or by appointment.