FAQs on Transfer Students

What if I want to transfer into the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences from another College at Villanova?

The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences accepts internal transfers from all of the other colleges at Villanova. In order to be considered for admission, students must submit both the Internal Transfer Policy and the Internal Transfer Application to the Dean’s Office (Room 105 St. Augustine Center) for review.

Back to Top

* Declare_Change of Major rev 2014.pdf
Students in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences should use this form to declare or change their major within the College.
* Bankrupt_Form.pdf
Request to Bankrupt Form

What if I want to transfer into the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Villanova University from another College or University?

Villanova welcomes applications from students with previous college experience. Candidates are selected for admission on the basis of individual merit as determined by their complete college coursework and an evaluation by the Dean of Students at the last college attended. Interested individuals are encouraged to link to the Admission Overview for Transfer Students and the transfer students’ FAQ.

Back to Top

How many credits can I transfer into Villanova?

A student may transfer up to 60 credits, which include AP credits, study abroad and summer courses taken elsewhere. The last 30 credits, senior year, 50 percent of all courses required for the degree and at least 50 percent of major courses must be earned at Villanova University. Grades of "C" or better (not "C-") are required to be considered for transfer credit.

Back to Top


Don't see your question here? Contact OUS in the St. Augustine Center, Room 107 or (610) 519-3900 and someone will be happy to help!