The Presidential Scholarship application will be available to the student through the myNOVA Prospective Student Portal once the nomination is received and the student has joined myNOVA.
- To apply, seven essays need to be completed (word limit is 200 words per essay).
- Essays can be viewed prior to beginning an online response.
- Essay responses can be prepared in a Word document and then copied and pasted into the online form.
- On the final question, there are several options:
- “Return to Beginning” allows you to check your work before submission.
- “Finish Later” saves your answers and lets you return at a later time to revise your application.
- “Submit to Complete and Exit” submits the application when you are finished.
- Online submission is final and you will no longer have access to the Presidential Scholarship Application.
- The Presidential Scholarship Application must be submitted online through myNOVA by January 7, 2013.
Please Note: In the Presidential Scholarship Application, students will also be asked if they would like to be considered for the Presidential Scholarship for historically underrepresented students (members of a low income family (normally Pell Grant eligible), African American/Black, Latino/Hispanic, American Indian/Native Alaskan, Asian/Pacific Islander, and those who are the first in their family to pursue a college education). Students can be considered for the Presidential Scholarship for historically underrepresented students in addition to the Presidential Scholarship for their respective college (Arts, Sciences, Engineering, Business, or Nursing). Eligibility for the Presidential Scholarship for historically underrepresented students is limited to U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents.
If the student is unable to complete the application online, please contact Jane Morris for a hard copy of the application (610.519.5928 or email@example.com). Application for the Presidential Scholarship in no way ensures acceptance to Villanova University.